• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ebay - should I ship to the buyer's ebay address or their paypal address?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeff Maginty View Post
    Thanks for all the really useful on-topic advice on this thread.
    Diddums.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I generally have stuff delivered to my work address rather than the paypal one. When there is no one in, in the day, it's less hassle having stuff delivered to work.

It's probably nothing untoward.
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Ebay i'd say, it's the delivery address.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
          Dude - I'd want to have a good reason not to ship to paypal address but I'd also be worried - I can't remember exactly but there are some manky rules about how eBay/Paypal won't help you unless you ship to a confirmed paypal address and have both parents and all grandparents go to the post office with you in person. Ebay has a forum - try asking there for the up to date info. I don't sell on ebay any more unless it's cash on collection only (whcih is against the rules now)
          <RANT>

Are you Bill or Ted?

FFS is this what modern day contracting has come to? "dude.."

Oh really FFS who speaks like that other than idiotic surfers on Venice beach or just pure idiots who still believe 90's speak is cool? FFS

</RANT>
          The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Things that were cool in the 90s are now part of modern speak and therefore not cool. Chillax.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Ohhh dear, still not a good response yet ....

Anyway OP, here is the answer:

Never, ever, ever, send an item to a buyer to any other address other than the paypal address.

Read ebay/paypal terms and conditions and you will notice something called the seller protection policy. That states you must post to the paypal address to be covered.

It is a common scam, for people to receive your item, then claim it never arrived and that you didnt send it to their verified address and they get all of their money back. Even if the person is being genuine, it is still a stupid risk.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                <RANT>

Are you Bill or Ted?

FFS is this what modern day contracting has come to? "dude.."

Oh really FFS who speaks like that other than idiotic surfers on Venice beach or just pure idiots who still believe 90's speak is cool? FFS

</RANT>
                Chill out, yo.
                "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Doesn't the buyer specify delivery address during the payment process?
                  Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                    Dude - I'd want to have a good reason not to ship to paypal address but I'd also be worried - I can't remember exactly but there are some manky rules about how eBay/Paypal won't help you unless you ship to a confirmed paypal address and have both parents and all grandparents go to the post office with you in person. Ebay has a forum - try asking there for the up to date info. I don't sell on ebay any more unless it's cash on collection only (whcih is against the rules now)
                    WHS i have a feeling if you read the rules your only covered by paypal unless you ship to the paypal address and anyway its the buyers own issuse, just send to the address shown then its not your problem, especially if you have mailed them and they have not come back to you

Comment

Working...
                    X