• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hillsborough

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
    So the ticket less fans took up no space on the road or railways? Even if that were the case, there is still no excuse for all the pushing and shoving.
    You are entitled to your view and it appears to be one of its all the fans fault. Regardless of whether you are right. Your view is one of the many ignorant people who feel the need to blame only the fans..

Comment

Just cos it didn't happen doesn't mean it wasn't big enough. If all the pens hold 2000 people then 2000 tickets would have been issued.
      The ticketless and late comers should have realised that there was no room for them and stopped pushing.
      It doesn't work like that but then again I know something about crowds and crowd dynamics and you clearly don't.

The simple fact is that the crimes the police accused the fans of are not relevant to what occurred. To both accusations you can add the words so what and it doesn't change the story that the police failed to manage the crowd and then used a crap story to distract reporters from looking into their total incompetency.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

They should not have been there in the first place.
        If you are going to blame the bizzies for their part you have to recognise the part played by everybody else.

Lots of elements were to blame, yes the fans surged and rushed to see their team.
        Yes some of them had no tickets and no right to be there.

The police failed to react accordingly, failed to delay the kick off, failed to open the gates

The ground was inadequate.

Comment

They should not have been there in the first place.
          If you are going to blame the bizzies for their part you have to recognise the part played by everybody else.
          Which shows that it was the police's fault as they should have stopped the ticketless getting close enough to the stadium for them to cause the issue.

And both you say that the police don't do that, nowadays stopping the ticketless well before the venue is standard police procedure for popular events.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
            You are entitled to your view and it appears to be one of its all the fans fault. Regardless of whether you are right. Your view is one of the many ignorant people who feel the need to blame only the fans..
            I do not want to blame anybody. This was a tragedy of circumstances but all I see is a bunch of Scousers determined to cleanse themselves and their mates of any responsibility and lay the whole sorry mess firmly at the door of the police.
            Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

I do not want to blame anybody. This was a tragedy of circumstances but all I see is a bunch of Scousers determined to cleanse themselves and their mates of any responsibility and lay the whole sorry mess firmly at the door of the police.
              Are you sure they are trying to lay blame - there has already been reports etc into who's fault it was and it was quite clear.

Is it right for the government ministers to pass false info to papers citing the fans ?

Comment

Is it right for the government ministers to pass false info to papers citing the fans ?
                Which minister was that?
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Are you sure they are trying to lay blame - there has already been reports etc into who's fault it was and it was quite clear.

If the fault is clear then why carry on pushing? Why not lay it to rest?
                  As I said before, any report and any enquiry will never be complete and will always be biased because it is impossible to hold internal enquiries into the behaviour of the fans. All the official bodies, Police, FA etc. will hold their own and will try and wash their hands of it or scape goat somebody.
                  Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    Which minister was that?
                    It will all come out with the release of the papers.

Comment

The problem is that they tried to create a distraction to try to avoid the blame. Now when colleagues or my children try and do that I want to know why and this is no different.

Comment

Working...
                      X