• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Senna

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by russell View Post
    Eh? It's still a smiley, anyway don't be so sensitive.
    Russell, I wasn't, to be frank, it was more a 'get you and your signs'. But, I guess that was missed in the other chaps wish to mistake what I actually said. You calling me a didn't register; the roofer gives me more versatile insults.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
      Nope, possibly stupid of you to have got involved in an argument that didn't exist. Unless you know differently, opinions don't necessarily have to be the same, so to comment on mine, incorrectly, was excessively stupid of you.

Glad to have cleared that up for you.
      You do love the "opinions don't have to be the same" card, don't you? It's about as strong a defence as an SS guard's "we were following orders".
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Senna didn't die because he was driving like a dick. He was killed was because the FIA banned the use of stabilty aids from the cars after they were designed and built. The Williams car was completely unstable without the traction aids, and frankly those guys must have had balls of steel to drive those cars. They spent more time in the air than stuck to the ground. I had watched the film yesterday afternoon then swapped over to the F1 highlights and the amount of stability that the new cars have over the 80's and 90's cars is amazing...

Comment

Did the film have the incident when Mansell pinned Senna up against a pit-wall for his dangerous driving?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
            Did the film have the incident when Mansell pinned Senna up against a pit-wall for his dangerous driving?
            No

The film was too much of a homage to leave any room for criticism
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              No

The film was too much of a homage to leave any room for criticism
              Which is my issue with it to be frank.

He was a feckin dangerous son of abitch who was marked to die early, in my book, from the moment I saw him in F3.

Barcelona in '91 (maybe '92) when he was trying to scare Mansell by steering towards him at over 200 mph. And people have the temerity to suggest Hamilton is dangerous...

As for the loss of stability comment, all they had done was ban active aero and active suspension, due to Newey designing a car, were it not for reliability, that was capable of winning everything it entered. Without the active suspension, it was not a match for the B194 of Schumacher (which also didn't have these driver aids). Senna wanted to drive for Williams as he'd seen what the FW14 and FW14b were like and he thought the FW15 would be a shoe in for the title that year. It wasn't, and he was over driving it.

Two things killed him: his belief he wasn't mortal in some kind of way, and his belief that his skill transcended the ability of the car. That's my view.

Jim Clark proved you can win the WDC and be a nice guy. As did many others.

Comment

Working...
              X