• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pension age

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I am 39. I don't believe there'll be any money to pay me a state pension if Europe's governments carry on prevaricating. That simply can't be fair.
    I quite agree.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      millions of younger people who'll have to work a long time to subsidize baby boomers who've had plenty of opportunity during long growth periods to provide for themselves.
      [victormeldrew mode]
      Utter tosh. The thing about the baby boomers is that most of them got off their spotty arses and made things happen for themselves. They went out and got jobs as soon as they were old enough. They saved for things they wanted rather than running up huge bills on instant credit, because back then there was nobody handing out easy loans and endless credit.
      They have paid into the system all of their extensive working lives, money which has provided a pension for their parents' generation. The generation that won two world wars for us.
      And now that they are approaching their retirement years they are having to not only support ageing parents in many cases, they are also having to wipe the backsides of brigades of feckless "want-it-all-now" generation children that struggle to stand on their own two feet.
      Honestly, many of this younger mob really need to take a long hard look at themselves. They need to put a bit more effort into finding and staying in work, and a lot less effort into endlessly bitching on about notional freebies they somehow seem to feel they should be entitled to for no obvious fooking reason!!!
      Someone needs to explain to them they are not "entitled" to own a house just because they would like to own one.
      [/victormeldrew mode]

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Oooooooooo. Get her.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
        X