• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why do women think appointments made are optional?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No sounds about right

How to Remove Hair From Pigs | eHow.com

I agree with Dodgy, get the money up front. Especially with new clients, wife is a childminder and the various ways people messed her about was astounding. She went a bit more professional and upped her prices & rules then suddenly everyone pays on time. You will get more from recommends than advertising if you do it right.

Certain people and unfortunately classes are just not worth having as customers.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      No sounds about right

How to Remove Hair From Pigs | eHow.com

I agree with Dodgy, get the money up front. Especially with new clients, wife is a childminder and the various ways people messed her about was astounding. She went a bit more professional and upped her prices & rules then suddenly everyone pays on time. You will get more from recommends than advertising if you do it right.

Certain people and unfortunately classes are just not worth having as customers.
      There are some interesting observations about charging for cancellations etc. in Freakonomics - you need to price it right, otherwise it's no deterrent, just a cheap way to pay off any guilt that the person may be feeling.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        you should at least charge a booking fee. no one takes you seriously until they have paid you money
        I would like to but its not really practical. A lot of bookings are taken by email/phone so unless you cough up and get a credit card facility (not cheap) its not gonna happen.
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          I would like to but its not really practical. A lot of bookings are taken by email/phone so unless you cough up and get a credit card facility (not cheap) its not gonna happen.
          Paypal integration into the website which takes bookings. Simples.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            Paypal integration into the website which takes bookings. Simples.
            Doesn't sound like there is a website?

How do docs enforce the cancellation fee then, I assume they chase it as a debt?
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
              Doesn't sound like there is a website?

How do docs enforce the cancellation fee then, I assume they chase it as a debt?
              Rather than take bookings by email, it's surely not beyond the realms of possibility to knock up a Wordpress site with a booking calendar and a payment mechanism in it, so people can book online and pay? Reckon you could have it done in an afternoon.

Doctors don't chase for payment (that I've seen) because you don't pay them.

Dentists can, because you pay for your treatment. And for those that don't pay for their treatment, they lose their place.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Rather than take bookings by email, it's surely not beyond the realms of possibility to knock up a Wordpress site with a booking calendar and a payment mechanism in it, so people can book online and pay? Reckon you could have it done in an afternoon.

Doctors don't chase for payment (that I've seen) because you don't pay them.

Dentists can, because you pay for your treatment. And for those that don't pay for their treatment, they lose their place.
                Reckon you could have it done in an afternoon.Er, maybe you could.

Oh right yes, ignore me.
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

There are some interesting observations about charging for cancellations etc. in Freakonomics - you need to price it right, otherwise it's no deterrent, just a cheap way to pay off any guilt that the person may be feeling.
                  sorry I'm missing the downside? Being paid to assuage someone's guilt and having unexpected free time to spend building your business?

had a a quick look their search tool seems a bit poor?
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The inevitable chavs who go for botox somewhere so unprofessional not to even take credit card payments probably don't know how to use the internet.

Seriously it's just a shed with a 5gallon drum of botox and a cheap rate if you bring your own syringe, right?
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X