• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Xog County

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had a Kestral take a collared dove in the garden last week. We know what it was cos it proceeded to fly into the living room window and fall in a heap on the ground outside. We got a good look at it while it sorted itself out before flying off again to dismember its lunch in next doors garden.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
      We had a Kestral take a collared dove in the garden last week. We know what it was cos it proceeded to fly into the living room window and fall in a heap on the ground outside. We got a good look at it while it sorted itself out before flying off again to dismember its lunch in next doors garden.
      "Well behaved women rarely make history"

Comment

> Unfortunately they let anyone in these days, as you have discovered.

God, I'm quick today. Only took me 20 hours to get that one!

Jackdaws are nesting in Xog's church by the way.

Comment

I saw a rat the size of a cat the other day. It had just emerged from where they're repairing the Victorian sewer.

SG in "London wildlife" mode.

PS I have a theory that there is a mutant breed of giant rats in London's sewers. Just biding their time.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
            PS I have a theory that there is a mutant breed of giant rats in London's sewers. Just biding their time.
            Shhhhhh... I'm not ready for details of my cunning plan to leak out just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by The Master
              Shhhhhh... I'm not ready for details of my cunning plan to leak out just yet.
              Just to test your plan out, can you arrange for Tony Blair to be bitten on the arse?
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Just to test your plan out, can you arrange for Tony Blair to be bitten on the arse?
                that's cruelty to animals
                Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

I tried, but it got confused and got Cherie instead...

Comment

back on topic - no spring run this year [ so far! ] oh. too busy but out on my afternoon promenade today i did see a peregrine take a buzzard down to the ground. stupendous aerial acrobatics.
                    Last edited by scotspine; 24 April 2006, 19:40.

Comment

Working...
                    X