• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Officially Benched on Monday for the first time in my life...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    It'll be grand, he just has to say he's been in prison for the duration. Best way to cover gaps on your CV imo.
    I find some clients just don't like the 'prison' thing. I just fill the gaps by saying that working long hours would have broken the terms of my electronic tag or that I was 'on the register' for that period. That sounds much better than jail time.
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
      I find some clients just don't like the 'prison' thing. I just fill the gaps by saying that working long hours would have broken the terms of my electronic tag or that I was 'on the register' for that period. That sounds much better than jail time.
      Good point, I'll use that if I may.

Comment

Yes , they are much more tolerant these days. You do get the occasional 'Dont drop the soap in the showers then, eh? hahaha' at interview, or maybe the Investment banker doing a phone interview will come out with a wisecrack like 'well if you are going to rob us, leave a few million for me eh , hahaha'

but it's usually ok once you get in there. apart from the locks on the fridge and stationery cupboard, obviously

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

But that still implies guilt. You're better just saying you were helping the police with their inquiries!
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            But that still implies guilt. You're better just saying you were helping the police with their inquiries!
            Guilt? We're contractors ffs! We're guilty as sin, almost as guilty as yer average Catholic! Without the buggering about of course. Well most of us anyway, the buggering about bit I mean...

Comment

Working...
            X