• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How much "loose change" do you have lying around the house?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    Me too. I dumped the loose change, not including £1 and £2 coins, into the machine at the supermarket, came to about £90. And there's another £60 - £70 in £1's and £2's that I grab a handful of before I head out.

Apart from that I've got various foreign cash in a drawer somewhere, €200-300, ~$200, a few thousand Czech Koruna and some AU$.
    That machine at the supermarket takes a cut of your change though, the banks (the bigger branches) have their own machines now and you can lodge the money straight into your account. Very handy
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      That machine at the supermarket takes a cut of your change though, the banks (the bigger branches) have their own machines now and you can lodge the money straight into your account. Very handy
      Handy, but I'd rather Lady Tester buys another pair of shoes than watch some banker piss it all up the wall.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Handy, but I'd rather Lady Tester buys another pair of shoes than watch some banker piss it all up the wall.

We usually use ours for duty free (perfumes etc) so whilst it goes in the account, it usually goes straight back out again!! No grubby little bankers with their mitts on my cash!!
        Bazza gets caught

Comment

We usually use ours for duty free (perfumes etc) so whilst it goes in the account, it usually goes straight back out again!! No grubby little bankers with their mitts on my cash!!
          Which perfume does Churchy go for then CM? I have always had him pegged as a "Coco Mademoiselle" kind of a guy!
          Marines can't get enough of the Chanel range.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            Which perfume does Churchy go for then CM? I have always had him pegged as a "Coco Mademoiselle" kind of a guy!

Oops - I meant aftershave for him!!

Funnily enough the last stuff he bought was Chanel
            Bazza gets caught

Comment

Wasn't that your username on mumsnet fella?

Comment

Nuff said. No names, no pack drill.
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Which perfume does Churchy go for then CM?
                  aisselle en sueur - Shirley?
                  Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
                  Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

I thought Chanel was that girl in Amsterdam...never mind, what goes on tour stays on tour.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                      Wasn't that your username on mumsnet fella?
                      Close. Coco Chantelle if memory serves. Thought I'd inject a subtle nuance of ethnic minority, just to tease out any racial undercurrents you understand.
                      Didn't work though, they all loved me.

Comment

Working...
                      X