• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

England V Scotland

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Spoken like a true Scot.
    I'm Irish.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      I'm Irish.
      According to the rules of Irish Citizenship, so am I.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        There are perhaps a handful of nations in the world where Rugby Union is really seen as anything other than a minority sport.
        Australia, South Africa, France, England, and New Zealand are, I believe, the only nations ever to have won the RU WC, and I am not even sure about the Frogs.
        Outside of that there are a slack handful of smaller nations, comprising Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Argentina, Italy who have any real credentials. The rest are just making up what still constitutes a real lack of numbers.
        This was the first time that Scotland, a nation in which Rugby is played by nobody outside of a few pretentious Public Schools, and a raft of hyperactive bull-necked sheep-farmers in the Border region, have ever failed to reach the quarter finals.
        Says it all about what is a fringe activity designed for those, generally without the raw skills needed for more graceful and athletic pursuits.
        The little interest that the rest of the civilised world has in this lardassed activity was nearly strangled out of them by watching England's dreadfully tedious victory in 2003. It is forever destined to remain firmly in the shadows of mainstream sport, thanfully. And the wholly predictable way that this year's tourney is panning out is simply further testament to that inescapable truth.
        Now get on with it and let's get back to the Footy!!!
        Ignoring your uneducated description of world rugby ........

Anyone who calls the beautiful game "footy" is an utter tosspot.

Comment

As a diehard little Englander I have to admire the Scots performance against England. However, in the context of the sheer professionalism and quality of the 2003 world cup winning squad I am appalled by the behaviour of Tindall, Hartley, Ashton and Haskell. No matter how hard I try I cannot get excited by an England squad who come across as arrogant and spoilt. The only thing that drives me is a desire not to lose to Wales or Scotland and above all for New Zealand to not win. The NZ supporters are a revolting humourlous and deeply insecure lot. They have an attitude of entitlement to winning the world cup and because their country has nothing else than rugby, and is so far away from anywhere their people cannot see life through anything other than the prism of the All Blacks.

So for me I would like to see Ireland win the world cup and then either of Australia or South Africa
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Every world cup I start off cheering the Jocks, Welsh and Irish.

But that changes after hearing the same old crap from them about England losing being more important than their country winning a match. Such banter is fine up to a point, but there's too many bitter little people from whom it comes across as simple hatred.

Comment

Thought it was a great game, Scots played with brio and elan against Englsih doggedness. England were a different team second half.
              Thouroughly enjoyable for the tension and close scoreline rather than good rugby.
              Can't see England going far although they should be able to beat France.
              Well done Scotland for giving it some and a great match.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post

But that changes after hearing the same old crap from them about England losing being more important than their country winning a match. Such banter is fine up to a point, but there's too many bitter little people from whom it comes across as simple hatred.
                Sorry to disappoint but Scotland really cares little for England.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post

Don't be so cynical. 'English arrogance' is why the other home nations have an intense dislike for all things sporting with an English flavour.

There's always been this concept in 'middle' England that the other constituent parts of the UK are just there to make up the numbers and that GB is just a euphemism for England. You have this misguided belief that GB was created through conquest when in reality, England offered the crown to a Scottish King and then sued the Scottish nation into a merger.

Scotland is a small country, always has been, but we repelled the Romans and the English when both were clearly vastly superior in numbers and weaponry. More Scots have died in British conflicts per national capita than any of the other constituent parts of the UK. The British empire was created just as much off the backs of Scots than it was any other part of the UK, but you still get the mentality from twats like Troll who seem to think English beer bellies and morris dancing are the epitome of British values.

I'm a member of the SNP, I donate regularly to them and the happiest day of my life will be Scottish independence. I don't perceive myself to be British, because the English have twisted and corrupted any definition of that term that I used to have pride in. All this talk of 'always cheering the Scots' is complete crap, there is an inherent racist undertone in Southern England with anything to do with Scotland, it may be borderline, but it's quite clearly there, from the Daily Mail's 'Scottish spongers' type articles (which they never have the gumption to run in their Scottish publication) to the arrogance in questioning why on earth should they run a high speed train line north of Leeds (forgetting that Scottish taxes are still being paid centrally) or deciding against relocating troops returning from Germany to military bases in the North of Scotland as it would cost to much for them to travel back to friends and family (forgetting that Scottish troops have to do the exact same journey in reverse with no complaints).

I have nothing personally against the 'English' in isolation, my GF is English. However, I dislike your identity as it seems to revolve around Britain = England.
                  "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
                    Don't be so cynical. 'English arrogance' is why the other home nations have an intense dislike for all things sporting with an English flavour.

There's always been this concept in 'middle' England that the other constituent parts of the UK are just there to make up the numbers and that GB is just a euphemism for England. You have this misguided belief that GB was created through conquest when in reality, England offered the crown to a Scottish King and then sued the Scottish nation into a merger.

Scotland is a small country, always has been, but we repelled the Romans and the English when both were clearly vastly superior in numbers and weaponry. More Scots have died in British conflicts per national capita than any of the other constituent parts of the UK. The British empire was created just as much off the backs of Scots than it was any other part of the UK, but you still get the mentality from twats like Troll who seem to think English beer bellies and morris dancing are the epitome of British values.

I'm a member of the SNP, I donate regularly to them and the happiest day of my life will be Scottish independence. I don't perceive myself to be British, because the English have twisted and corrupted any definition of that term that I used to have pride in. All this talk of 'always cheering the Scots' is complete crap, there is an inherent racist undertone in Southern England with anything to do with Scotland, it may be borderline, but it's quite clearly there, from the Daily Mail's 'Scottish spongers' type articles (which they never have the gumption to run in their Scottish publication) to the arrogance in questioning why on earth should they run a high speed train line north of Leeds (forgetting that Scottish taxes are still being paid centrally) or deciding against relocating troops returning from Germany to military bases in the North of Scotland as it would cost to much for them to travel back to friends and family (forgetting that Scottish troops have to do the exact same journey in reverse with no complaints).

I have nothing personally against the 'English' in isolation, my GF is English. However, I dislike your identity as it seems to revolve around Britain = England.

Super? Please answer the following questions.....

1) Do you smell of wee?

2) Do you wear a skirt?

3) Are you ginger?

4) How often do you beat this English rose?

5) When were you last sober (to the nearest year)

Thanks

HTH

Comment

Bloody hell, there I was thinking the thread was about a rugby maatch.

Who to beat next?

France. Hmmm, no animosity at all there
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X