• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for all the God-bothering Christian types on here

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not an expert on this topic so I won't be offering my views at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      Sas you are really trolling this one.

If you don't believe, then that's grand, but why the need to bulltulip other peoples beliefs? As long as no one is forcing their beliefs on you, why does it matter to you what they think or believe in?

TM is right. Faith is just that, it's faith. You either have it or don't. Any amount of us trying to make you believe otherwise is futile, you aren't interested & don't get it. So what's the point?
      Seems to me it's a bit arrogant to say "I must be right and all those billions of other people are wrong".
      I'm just trying to understand that arrogance.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

I don't bother god. He has never complained when I talk to him. Well not yet anyway.

Anyway all the most advanced nations are Christian. At the moment....

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Seems to me it's a bit arrogant to say "I must be right and all those billions of other people are wrong".
          Rather like the way you protest you are right on CUK forums and everyone else is wrong? Pot meet kettle - kettle meet pot.

Comment

I don't think you have much to learn about the concept of arrogance. Nor bone-headedness for that matter.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              No way! Please enlighten us. I can't wait....

Comment

It's not arrogance, it's just faith.

And don't you think you are being a bit arrogant by making out that anyone with faith isn't capeable of rational thought just because they believe in something you don't?
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

My view is simple, each major religion has its own version of suffering once you are worm food, and they all say if you don't believe in my our imaginary friend over all the other imaginary friends you will suffer. As you cannot believe in all imaginary friends its a safe bet your going to multiple versions of hell so your in the tulip from the start.

My version is simples, I try to do right by my friends, family and those I love and always offer forgiveness to those who hurt me. I offer compassion when I can, offer humility when I can't, I have faith in that my actions are my own, and that I will be judged by the recipient of my actions. If it turns out my ideas are wrong, and that there is one imaginary friend to rule them all, I think I should be able to offer some sort of defence, and if all else fails hell has rock and roll, heaven has Cliff Richards.

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Are you ill?
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                      and if all else fails hell has rock and roll, heaven has Cliff Richards.

Gives us all hope!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X