• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What a day! Beer at the Windmill pub, Clapham Common

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to hear the Windmill's still going.
    As a student in the 70s I used to live in Halliday Hall across the road from it.
    You could see my bedroom window in a scene from 'Danger UXB' which was filmed partly in Halliday and partly in the school next door.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      So what did you have for lunch on Saturday, you Northern monkey, a lard sandwich down t'mine?
      baguette à saindoux sans salsa and garlic aoili

ps - I aint from oop norf!
      Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
      Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Oh really? Why?
        Is it because you feel at home with the lardy gutbucket burgomeisters of Munich rather than the beautiful people of Clapham?
        No, I just grew tired of walking past those yellow 'serious incident' signs every time i left my house, queueing 3 deep at a bar for a beer and having to cram myself on the northern line to go anywhere. Great when you're 22 but when you grow up you realise there is a bit more to life.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I do remember one morning leaving my house and being greeted by my neighbour, who was staring dumfounded at the frame of his motorbike, chained exactly where he left it but stripped of most other components.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

It's unlikely you had fresh fish with your chips. Probably a month old.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              I do remember one morning leaving my house and being greeted by my neighbour, who was staring dumfounded at the frame of his motorbike, chained exactly where he left it but stripped of most other components.
              I'm not surprised you don't like London, you seem to have lived in all the tulipholes.

PS How's Wimbledon "Village", as you call it?
              Last edited by sasguru; 27 September 2011, 08:20.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Looking at Google maps, Clapham Junction looks pretty close to Wandsworth to me. But hey, yeah, lets all live somewhere where there are riots 500m away and pretend it's all loverly jubbly.

The simple fact is you can't afford to live in Wandsworth because you're too poor. Stick to the paradise that is the North East
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Was Dad's Army not based down that way?
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by RSoles View Post
                    Glad to hear the Windmill's still going.
                    As a student in the 70s I used to live in Halliday Hall across the road from it.
                    You could see my bedroom window in a scene from 'Danger UXB' which was filmed partly in Halliday and partly in the school next door.
                    This year is the 180th anniversary of the Windmill, originally a coaching inn, I believe
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      Was Dad's Army not based down that way?
                      Wasn't it set on the south coast, ie. where the Germans would be landing if they crossed the channel? How the hell would they pop up in south-west London?

Comment

Working...
                      X