• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What a day! Beer at the Windmill pub, Clapham Common

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Spent Saturday with my mates, having a few beers from around the world, listening to mellifluous English voices, pretty girls in their frocks, the distant sound of a music festival on the common.
    Fantastic battered fresh fish and chunky chips with salsa and garlic aoili for a tenner.
    I think I saw you in there...

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      Having had the windmill as my local for about 2 years and lived in munich, i have to say i wouldn't consider going to clapham these days unless i had to. A weekend in munich quite appeals though.
      Oh really? Why?
      Is it because you feel at home with the lardy gutbucket burgomeisters of Munich rather than the beautiful people of Clapham?
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Oh really? Why?
        Is it because you feel at home with the lardy gutbucket burgomeisters of Munich rather than the beautiful people of Clapham?
        Fat Bottomed Girls and the Oft-Spotted English Tit
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Oh really? Why?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Oh really? Why?
            Tooting latest news covering updates on everything happening in Tooting town centre

Wandsworth Council leader Ravi Govindia has condemned the public disorder that affected parts of the borough last night (Monday).

Gangs of youths looted shops and smashed windows in Clapham Junction. One shop in Clapham Junction was also set ablaze.

Some real lookers there sasguru. Suggest you lay off the Meths for a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

FOOOK!

With this sort of neighbours I am beginning to fear for the oligarhy allegedly residing in Wandsworth.

Comment

Tooting latest news covering updates on everything happening in Tooting town centre

Wandsworth Council leader Ravi Govindia has condemned the public disorder that affected parts of the borough last night (Monday).

Gangs of youths looted shops and smashed windows in Clapham Junction. One shop in Clapham Junction was also set ablaze.

Except that Clapham Junction isn't in Clapham. It's a couple of miles away in Battersea. Stick to Newcastle Dim, you obviously don't know London.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                  Except that Clapham Junction isn't in Clapham. It's a couple of miles away in Battersea
                  Are you saying that looters will get bored after couple of miles of looting?

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                    Except that Clapham Junction isn't in Clapham. It's a couple of miles away in Battersea. Stick to Newcastle Dim, you obviously don't know London.
                    Looking at Google maps, Clapham Junction looks pretty close to Wandsworth to me. But hey, yeah, lets all live somewhere where there are riots 500m away and pretend it's all loverly jubbly.

Comment

Looking at Google maps, Clapham Junction looks pretty close to Wandsworth to me. But hey, yeah, lets all live somewhere where there are riots 500m away and pretend it's all loverly jubbly.

It's in Wandsworth and next to it, all at the same time.
                      "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Working...
                      X