• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Winter Sun Ideas

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chaffinch View Post
    Super, Thanks for taking the time to post that.
    Thanks for taking the time to reply.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
      I'm in the same boat and I'm thinking 3 months, Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar.
      My folks have a place in Cyprus but it's expensive there and not that warm up in the hills so I'll be skipping that till the summer.
      Went to Gran Canaria in October a few years ago that wasn't bad at all.
      I have planned 10 weeks, but I am starting off in Thailand, then Cambodia maybe India not sure yet. Will have to make my mind up soon as I will have to book tickets next week. Who are you flying out with?
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Mexico and/or S. America.

HTH

Comment

Take lots of factor 50M if you're thinking about a week on Mercury.

Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
            I have planned 10 weeks, but I am starting off in Thailand, then Cambodia maybe India not sure yet. Will have to make my mind up soon as I will have to book tickets next week. Who are you flying out with?
            Done Thailand, 3 trips spanning more than 4 months, you'll have fun, India, erm....too full of Indians and stuff.

Not booked a flight yet as I might end up getting another contract. I think what I'll do is cancel job hunt 2 weeks before contract end and then book for 3 or so weeks later.

Gives me time to get the VAT return pre-calculated and SATR all done etc. Car serviced and all the home bits tidied up so can go out of circulation with a clear conscience.

It's hard to get to Myanmar, think I'll look for a good value Bangkok return flight and then figure the rest out there.

Comment

South Africa. Cape Town's lovely.

Comment

Canary Islands are probably the best bet, any further and the relaxation would all be undone on he flight home
                "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
                  Canary Islands are probably the best bet, any further and the relaxation would all be undone on he flight home
                  Which one though?

Anyone been in winter?

Comment

Florida, even Disney, is fun outside school holidays.
                    Went a couple of years ago. Beaches all but deserted, no queues at Disney. A hearty warm welcome at most bars and restaurants due to a lack of customers.
                    A LOT CHEAPER.
                    Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
                      Maybe not!

Earthquake 'swarm' on Canary Island of El Hierro sparks fears of volcanic eruption | Mail Online
                      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
                      X