• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

parasol IT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dmini
    The only scary thought is who I will go with if I ever get another contract with Hays!
    Your own Ltd. I can't believe having read all this there is anyone left who thinks trusting someone else with your money is the way to go.

Comment

I think we can safely say that parasolIT have well and truely fecked themselves!

I'm not a contractor but shoud I decide to do contracting in the UK I will certainly never use them having read all this! own Ltd and a good accountant is definitely the way to go!!!
      "Well behaved women rarely make history"

Comment

Update

Hi,

Been asked by one our Project Managers to post an update so will stick to the facts:

1. Email and web ticket backlog is pretty big but extra staff and hours being worked to reduce this.

2. We are NOT going bust! Simply a case of easter and new system created a backlog and those that have been affected have or will be compensated.

3. Parasol Plc went to Parasol Limited to allow additional services and brands, harder to do when a Plc (in name only).

4. Good luck with Giant, decent co.

5. New phone lines (up to 40) on order with BT.

6. Anyone is welcome at our premises (please book an appointment though), we even think we should invite some contractors in for a day to work on the coal face so to speak and help influence product and services.

Realise does not deal with specific cases but feel free to email those in but can assure you queries are being handled.

Adam Barker
        Last edited by ParasolUpdate; 25 April 2006, 11:35.

Comment

Originally posted by ParasolUpdate
          Realise does not deal with specific cases but feel free to email those in but can assure you queries are being handled.

isn't that what you guys have been doing already?!!
          "Well behaved women rarely make history"

Comment

Originally posted by janey

isn't that what you guys have been doing already?!!
            Yup, but no responses - GRRRRRRRRRR!!!

timescales?

Comment

Brands etc

Hi,

3. Parasol Plc went to Parasol Limited to allow additional services and brands, harder to do when a Plc (in name only).

Adam Barker
              harder to do when a PLC! I don't think so. Sounds like bullcrap to me.

Perhaps you are better just concentrating on the services you have already as there seems to be a lot of angry people around at the mo.

Comment

Giant are no better than Parasol

I have recently left Giant for much the same reasons as have been stated here about Parasol - not processing timesheets on time, failing to send payments, not answering phones or online queries. Out of the frying pan and into the fire springs to mind....

Comment

4. Good luck with Giant, decent co.

Adam Barker
                  Hello?!! I'm sure this quote said something different before I went on lunch!

Comment

Managed to get straight through to someone yesterday afternoon on the customer service number. They are paying me today, with a free CHAPS payment. They also said they would only charge me half the service charge, although after checking my account today, they have charged me the full whack!

Can't this company do anything without messing something else up?

Definitley thinking about going Ltd after this mess.

Comment

Still can't send invoices out

This morning got through to someone very helpful after 45 minutes on the phone. Invoices finally went out to someone who doesn't exist. Another hour on the phone. Gave Parasol the correct agency details. Then found out instead of my 5 outstanding invoices going out the same one went out 5 times. Problem has now been referred to Parasol IT department. But at least the guy I spoke to was helpful and apologetic.

Comment

Working...
                      X