• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Got phont call on behalf of liquidator of my rented flat

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    AtW you never answer comments about people saying their site doesn't get crawled.

I registered a domain I have a site on several weeks ago and it still reads "not present in index". I know there are some pages linking to it.
    Give him a chance to grep the 300 lines of code for "not present in index"

Comment

AtW you never answer comments about people saying their site doesn't get crawled.
      I've answered that offering ministrone or anyone else to PM me details and I'll run some checks.

I registered a domain I have a site on several weeks ago and it still reads "not present in index". I know there are some pages linking to it.
      You do but we can't read your mind so we have to make educated guess where such links are most likely going to be, and when making such decision we give priority to highest ranked pages first because links from those pages are most valueable: if you create some God forsaken pages linked from nowhere valueable then don't expect your link to be found instantly and valued much anyway.

In addition to this there can be other reasons why we can't get link - robots.txt blocks for example.

We are going to add URL submission shortly to cater for such edge cases.

Comment

What's this got to do with AtW's homelessness?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          He ignored my question.

I may have to torch his box.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            IYou do but we can't read your mind so we have to make educated guess where such links are most likely going to be, .

But you have a DB of 1 trillion links and yet you cannot find links to either of our sites, pretty poor I would say.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Second only to google but yet unable to buy a place in Brum.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                But you have a DB of 1 trillion links and yet you cannot find links to either of our sites, pretty poor I would say.
                I think I've already told you: provide me with URLs where those links to your site (identify it) are located and I'll check what (if at all) was reason for not finding them.

We never said we've got 100% of all data there is - we are just far more comprehensive service than alternatives.

Comment

To stay on topic service charge is estimated to be £800 per quarter...

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    Maybe your sites are not in the Top 1 Trillion?

Perhaps www.thimblecollectingfortheboogaboogatribe.bt is more popular.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      To stay on topic service charge is estimated to be £800 per quarter...
                      I do laugh.

Comment

Working...
                      X