• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

City Link are Useless

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    This is an order Amazon are re-sending because when HDNL supposedly delivered it, it went missing. Again. It's surprising how often deliveries from HDNL go missing, yet never ones by any other firm

When I contacted Amazon to tell them it had gone astray I pointed out that HDNL kept losing stuff. The email from customer services included a couple of paragraphs of boilerplate about how seriously they take reports of problems with carriers, and that they review their arrangements, blah blah blah. Given that a Google search for HDNL throws up vast numbers of complaints I think Amazon need to actually take action on those reviews of their arrangements, rather than just doing them and then sitting back with the sense of a job well done.

Funny you should mention this.

HDNL claim to have delivered an item to me last Friday. Amazon have 'investigated' and HDNL are insisting that the parcel was delivered and signed for. The driver must have forged a signature and nicked the parcel

Comment

Had an issue with Citylink once. Was sat in living room and heard a noise. Went out to see a citylink card on the mat. Ran outside to see the van disappearing around the corner. The lazy twat couldnt even be bothered to knock the door and had just stuffed the card in and legged it.

My car was in the garage so no cars on drive so I guess he just thought hed save time.

Anyway, phoned the depot and told them to phone driver and get his arse back here. 30 mins later he was back with parcel looking sheepish.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        Funny you should mention this.

HDNL claim to have delivered an item to me last Friday. Amazon have 'investigated' and HDNL are insisting that the parcel was delivered and signed for. The driver must have forged a signature and nicked the parcel
        Had a similar thing with concert tickets. £500 worth.

A lot of the ticket agencies use some sort of secure post as they call it. You dont sign for things but they take a photo of your front door for some reason. Apparently they think that means its been delivered.

Of course, mine weren't but ticketmaster were adamant they'd been delivered. Dont know why they couldnt see the flaws in the system here - like delivery agent nicking them!

Fortunately, credit card companies see things differently. i.e. no signature and no proof it was delivered then money back no arguments. Ticketmaster weren't happy mind but serves them right. In the end, replacement tickets were sent by them.

They charge you £5 for delivery then cut corners delivering things instead of paying for RM Special Delivery which covers it all.
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Finally got a card through the door today (I was only out for ten minutes, so of course that's when they came) and this evening drove the ten miles or so out to City Link's lair.

Having got there, the parcel collection point (which you can only reach by walking through the main yard where all the delivery vehicles come and go, and which has no pedestrian path) was all lit up but locked and completely deserted. I rang the bell for over five minutes before one of the resident creatures deigned to emerge from its pupa and hand over my parcel.

Amazing to think that this company is actually preferable to HDNL...

Comment

Working...
          X