• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thinking of buying this Jag

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I like all of them. The 250 GT Lusso would probably be my favourite. The bumperless competition one I saw is probably the most perfectly beautiful car I've ever seen.
    My Granddad built a "Slot-Racer" kit from the United States of one of those and presented it to me for my 7th birthday.

It was a beautiful scale model. A brass chassis screwed together, spoked inserts on the wheels. Rubber tyres that had the correct tread pattern, it really was a thing of beauty.

I say "was" because it lasted ~15 minutes between him giving it to me and me putting a dent in the skirting board with it as it spun off at the first bend of my scalextric track.

I really was a destructive little bugger.

http://slotmonsters.com/slot-car-manuf-monogram.ashx
    Last edited by Churchill; 14 September 2011, 10:31.

Comment

If I was even slightly thinking of buying that car I'd be also considering buying;

1. Some cool grey slacks.

2. Some green cardigans with brown football buttons.

3. A pipe and some rough shag.

4. Some stringback gloves and a flat cap.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        If I was even slightly thinking of buying that car I'd be also considering buying;

At least you admit that grey slacks are "cool"

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          At least you admit that grey slacks are "cool"
          He might have meant bluish grey. As opposed to a warm grey which would have a reddish tinge.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post

More highly unoriginal ageist snobbery. Every time sme ignorant pillock tells me I've got "an old man's car" I remind them that

a)I don't care

and

b) I am old.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              He might have meant bluish grey. As opposed to a warm grey which would have a reddish tinge.
              That's just gay!

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                More highly unoriginal ageist snobbery. Every time sme ignorant pillock tells me I've got "an old man's car" I remind them that

a)I don't care

and

b) I am old.
                and

c) there is nothing wrong with a rough shag
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Well my (based on a) BMW went through the snow last year all right, sometimes a squeaky bum was had, especially when a juggernaut came sliding sideways down a hill towards me! I was driving 300km to work each Monday morning, the main part on a road which goes up and down and twists and turns. As for reliability, it's just over 3 years old and has now passed the 120,000km mark and has only had a lambda sensor replaced. A hell of a lot more reliable than the last car, an AMG, which had to have engine replaced at 35,000km and was quite often in the dealers (and that wasn't too bad in the snow. I remember when working at the Porsche test center which is situated in the middle of nowhere in the Black Forest and the only way I could find my car was the faint yellow indicator light when unlocking it. Went through over 30cm of unploughed snow not too bad. Winter tyres do help you know...)
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    I have yet to see a BMW get up a hill in the snow. Not a problem in NL.
                    I will be selling my 'beemer' before winter kicks in because I am fed up of a car that doesn't work for a whole season of the year.

Probably get a neat hatch for now then something sportier for next summer (this forum has pushed me towards a 350z...)

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                      Well my (based on a) BMW went through the snow last year all right, sometimes a squeaky bum was had, especially when a juggernaut came sliding sideways down a hill towards me! I was driving 300km to work each Monday morning, the main part on a road which goes up and down and twists and turns. As for reliability, it's just over 3 years old and has now passed the 120,000km mark and has only had a lambda sensor replaced. A hell of a lot more reliable than the last car, an AMG, which had to have engine replaced at 35,000km and was quite often in the dealers (and that wasn't too bad in the snow. I remember when working at the Porsche test center which is situated in the middle of nowhere in the Black Forest and the only way I could find my car was the faint yellow indicator light when unlocking it. Went through over 30cm of unploughed snow not too bad. Winter tyres do help you know...)
                      Can you please explain how a car with a front spoiler 3 inches from the ground can drive through 30cm of snow? Does it A magically float on top even though it weighs two tonnes or B does it somehow push 5 tonnes of snow along with rear wheel drive and the engine at the front?

There we scores of BMW's and Mercs here stuck for weeks. Even the snow ploughs were getting stuck and having to have tractors pull them out. Some of the tractors were having tractors pull them out.

Comment

Working...
                      X