• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear: 8 out of ten tempted to vote for BNP...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Berlusconi might be selling some real estate on the cheap pretty soon....
    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
      Have to say I somewhat agree with that.... in that the UK is no longer the country it was
      It never was, and never would be. The UK that you and I grew up with was one limited view of one small part of history. Scots (just for example) didn't begin to think of themselves as "British" until about the time of Gladstone, late 19th century. They've mostly stopped thinking that way by now. The UK was short-lived, because it wasn't real.

Comment

Originally posted by vista
        The UK as we know it is being destroyed - fact
        There is feck all you can do about it - fact

Don't whinge, moan or complain it's pointless.

You have to make money a lot of money and if this has to be from the smoking embers of what was once a good country then so be it
        OK. How do I do that? IT contracting is all I know, and I think that's a hell of a ride in its time, that's now slowing down to a stop.

Comment

That's sort of an interesting idea.

I wonder if anyone many years ago stockpiled millions of barrels of oil somehere and it waiting for the magical $100 / barrel threshold to be reached?

Comment

Working...
          X