• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear: 8 out of ten tempted to vote for BNP...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only sustainable solution to our pension deficit is for people to save more for themselves while they are earning.

Comment

I was simply explaining how immigrants will partially alleviate the pensions problem that is forecast for 20 years from now. Whether or not you think it is the solution is another issue. I don't happen to think that it is the solution.

The correct approach is to tackle the problem: people are not saving enough, an aging population means that pensions will be low, and we are living longer. And of course Flash Gordon and Boy Wonder have caved in to the public sector workers and we will be paying for their retirement from the age of 60. I can't say I have the answers. Maybe forcing people to contribute to a pension, and giving credits to the unemployed and disabled/sick.

Oh well, at least I've salted away a fat wad for a rainy day. Though I'm sure they'll get at it through tax. And the country will be flooded due to global warming.

In addition to the other problems with immigration I happen to think there's enough people in this country and the countryside cannot take more. Another 10 million would be disastrous. As it is our wildlife has been decimated by industrial agriculture.

Comment

Originally posted by Fungus
        Maybe forcing people to contribute to a pension, and giving credits to the unemployed and disabled/sick.
        We could start by removing means testing, taxes on pensions, and other recent discouragements to saving.

Comment

Originally posted by stackpole
          We could start by removing means testing, taxes on pensions, and other recent discouragements to saving.
          I agree with you on all of those.

Oddly enough the governments recent pension changes seem to have benefited the rich most e.g. putting commercial property and property trusts into SIPPs, and no limit on contributions to pensions.

Oh, and accountants and pensions advisors since they understand the complex nightmare of modern tax and pensions.

Comment

This story is obviously a scare tactic but remember, 20% of the French electorate voted for Le Pen and Bruno Mégret in 2002. Let this be a wake up call to those who treat their citizens with contempt.

Comment

Personally I hope it's true. It will help to redress the balance a little.
              Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
                Personally I hope it's true. It will help to redress the balance a little.
                I do too, if only to wake up the sleeping electorate to what is going on. Someone has to grasp this nettle.

Has anyone from Her Majesty's Government suggested that the water shortages in the south east of England might be due to the sudden increase in population there from immigration over the past seven years? No, because it is politically incorrect to do so. However, if you don't treat the cause of a problem you never cure it. We are off to hell in a handcart.

Comment

I often wonder how it is thought acceptable to pay huge amounts of money to people not to work, pump millions in extra money into the NHS and then fire loads of front line staff, start a war for spurious reasons...

Essentially why it is thought a greater obscenity the flavour of nutter that is sitting on the council or in parliament?
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by stackpole

Has anyone from Her Majesty's Government suggested that the water shortages in the south east of England might be due to the sudden increase in population there from immigration over the past seven years? No, because it is politically incorrect to do so.

That is the biggest pile of crap I have ever heard.
                    I know that immigration is an emotional issue that leads some to hysteria, but I would expect better from a member of the congregation.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Fungus

My belief is that New Liar allow increasing immigration on a huge scale because a) they don't have the balls to fight the EU on this issue.
                      Look what happened to Jorg Haider and Pim Fortuyn when they dared to oppose the EU Collective.

Comment

Working...
                      X