• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would the world be a better place after a flu pandemic?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    What have you got against Africans?????
    Nothing, the surviving 50% could come and live in Europe, but Africa has less existing infrastructure and isn't a lot of use for anything else so it makes sense to use it as the cull zone.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      Nothing, the surviving 50% could come and live in Europe, but Africa has less existing infrastructure and isn't a lot of use for anything else so it makes sense to use it as the cull zone.
      Huge mineral wealth...

...oops, forgot, the Chinese have access to most of that...

Comment

Surely the best way is for every couple to have only one kid?
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
          Surely the best way is for every couple to have only one kid?
          Erm, I think AtW was the eldest so how would that help our plight?

Comment

I'd prefer a zombie apocalypse. Playing Dead Island on the PC at the moment so got all my tulip worked out for that event.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Judging by your posts, that would be you gone.
              Who wants to live forever anyway?
              Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
              Feist - I Feel It All
              Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post

Have the vaccine available to anyone, but package in something that requires intelligence to open. E.g. 10 seconds to open a 100% plastic blister pack before the content spoils.
                That would be me flipped - Takes me 30 seconds to open a Sainsburys sandwich
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  I read of a neat way of opening cans the other day. Probably most people when confronted with a can and no conventional opener would proceed to smash it with a rock or something and risk pulping or losing the contents. Or seek a can opener. But there's an other way. You rub the end (not sure which end) vigorously against a flat concrete surface, which quickly erodes the lip exposing a weld where the lid is joined to the can. About a minute of vigorous rubbing does it I gather. Almost quicker than going to the kitchen for a can opener.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    I read of a neat way of opening cans the other day. Probably most people when confronted with a can and no conventional opener would proceed to smash it with a rock or something and risk pulping or losing the contents. Or seek a can opener. But there's an other way. You rub the end (not sure which end) vigorously against a flat concrete surface, which quickly erodes the lip exposing a weld where the lid is joined to the can. About a minute of vigorous rubbing does it I gather. Almost quicker than going to the kitchen for a can opener.
                    And that's what I told the wife when she caught me with my trousers down around my ankles and an open tin of spam.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

You're supposed to eat the packaging too. It's the most nutritious part.
                      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                      Feist - I Feel It All
                      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                      X