• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Risky building purchase from a dodgy website ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    ...he said .98p that is about 1/10 of a penny.
    Fractions aren't your strong point are they?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      While this will not get your money back, report any dodgy websites to Action Fraud adding in the relevant whois information for the domain.

The whois information for the domain is:

Domain name:
      buildshop.ltd.uk

Registrant:
      BuildShop Ltd

Trading as:
      BuildShop Ltd

Registrant type:
      UK Limited Company, (Company number: 7626722)

Registrant's address:
      Boat House
      Outram Road
      Bognor Regis
      West Sussex
      PO22 7AL
      United Kingdom
      Hurry though, because it looks like the Boat House, Outram Road is for sale

A squad of police cars will descend on the scene, sirens blaring, only to find the bird has flown.

Actually, £275K doesn't seem a bad price for a 4 bedroom seafront house in Bognor if that ad is recent and it's for the house in question.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Full legal team and crown court then. Don't let these bastards get away with it.
        He's a bit impatient as he's not been waiting long enough - they have 30 days to deliver the goods.

Though I did lose it with an memory card and stick vendor as they said it would take 2 days but then wouldn't state how long it would take when I queried where the goods were instead lying that they sent them out. In the end I got my money back from them and reported them to trading standards for the lying.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          He's a bit impatient as he's not been waiting long enough - they have 30 days to deliver the goods.

Though I did lose it with an memory card and stick vendor as they said it would take 2 days but then wouldn't state how long it would take when I queried where the goods were instead lying that they sent them out. In the end I got my money back from them and reported them to trading standards for the lying.
          In the past i've had people angrily email my web business complaining that they have missed a birthday or the delivery is taking to long. I clearly state 7 days, so an email on the second day saying where is it normally gets a short shrift answer from me. In addition there is always the 'postman' has lost it. Once had a guy threaten to take me to court for a £60 item that 'someone' at his block of flats had signed for but was adamant I had ripped him off.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            In the past i've had people angrily email my web business complaining that they have missed a birthday or the delivery is taking to long. I clearly state 7 days, so an email on the second day saying where is it normally gets a short shrift answer from me. In addition there is always the 'postman' has lost it. Once had a guy threaten to take me to court for a £60 item that 'someone' at his block of flats had signed for but was adamant I had ripped him off.
            I know many businesses use JIT systems so don't have the item immediately on order. Not an issue if they don't lie as they forget that some customers can come and visit them to pick up an item.

I've had ebay sellers and other larger companies not send things out asap but they have actually emailed me informing of the change of date.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Ahhh it's you again... You don't have much luck do you?

Lent your sparring partner 800 and he pissed off.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...ome-money.html

ASked us about it again a year later

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...-transfer.html

Fare dodging

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...onmidland.html

Sent 5 months worth of timesheets and couldn't understand why it went wrong

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...-big-time.html

I would guess you are one of lifes losers and this kind of thing is just going to happen to you time and time again. Just be happy it is only £30 this time and just cross your fingers until it happens again IMO...
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

OP, forget about your building supplies dilemma, what happened about the £800 you lent to your kick boxing sparring partner?

Did you ever get it back or are you now in a wheelchair?

Comment

Working...
                X