• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If we must have religion at Easter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we must have religion at Easter

I am not sure that the tone of this Christian webpage is exactly Christian but that aside the allegation regarding Clarke is most interesting if true.

http://www.christianvoice.org.uk/hate.html
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Originally posted by cswd
    Very interesting. I think my master plan of replacing all organised religion with the Church of the Subgenuis would resolve all these problems though.
    Well the communists and the fascists tried that and we all know what happened !!!
    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

"My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people.

-Adolf Hitler, in a speech on 12 April 1922 (Norman H. Baynes, ed. The Speeches of Adolf Hitler, April 1922-August 1939, Vol. 1 of 2, pp. 19-20, Oxford University Press, 1942)

Comment

(1) Report Islamic Bookshops for selling the Quran and Hadith, which, if they aren’t hate speech, nothing is.
        If the law is passed I wonder who will get in first...the christians or the muslims because if the above isnt hate speach I dont know what is?

Personally I think these nutty christians are on to something though...we have seen a willingness from our "peace loving" muslim brothers to use all means except peaceful to protect their religion so it would be interesting to see how these muslims would handle a case like this that would be brought against their "bible".

Then again...seeing as its something to do with islam I really doubt the courts or the government would actually do something about them.

Mailman

Comment

Stalin

Stalin was a failed priest.
          HEALTH WARNING. IT Can Damage your Health. Free Advice. Advice in the forum is the £9,995 version. By reading the health warning you are agreeing to the terms and conditions. Advice maybe bad as well as good. 24 months interest free. Your home is at risk if you don’t keep up payments. Advice limited to availability.

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
            ...we have seen a willingness from our "peace loving" muslim brothers to use all means except peaceful to protect their religion so it would be interesting to see how these muslims would handle a case like this that would be brought against their "bible".

Then again...seeing as its something to do with islam I really doubt the courts or the government would actually do something about them.
            If people end up dying because a newspaper prints cartoons about an icon of islam, what do you think would happen if their favourite book of fairytales was put on trial in the west?

You might as well stage a pre-emptive nuclear strike.
            Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by cswd
              I am a failed Stalin.
              I am a failed nun.

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
                You might as well stage a pre-emptive nuclear strike.
                Hmmmmm...you might be on to something here?

Mailman

Comment

I am saying nothing, on the grounds it would identify me as someone who believes immigration has undermined this country, the muslim faith is imploding (or exploding depending on which militia you belong to) due to its failure to accept modern life and address the exploitative elements within itself, just as western societies have not addressed the exploitative elements within their secular system that replaced religion years ago...

.. and who also thinks it's too late.
                  Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Working...
                  X