• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bob

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Me : Have you configured the firewall like I asked?

Bob : Oh yes, is all done in the correct way! <headwobble> = I don't understand what you want me to do but this is the correct answer.

Next Day :

Me : Did you configured the firewall like I asked?

Bob : Oh yes, has all be done most correctly! <headwobble>= I don't understand what you want me to do, but this is the correct answer.

Next Day :

Me : I've just had the Pen Test reports. The firewall wasn't properly configured. Did you do it like I asked?

Bob : No. = I still don't understand what you want me to do, but this is the correct answer.

FTFY
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

headwobble explained
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        I understood the head wobble to be the same as the western nod. I've seen people unaware of this fact, go almost insane with anger over it. I'm sure there will have been a few murders.
        From Wikipedia..

The head bobble, head wobble, or Indian head shake refers to a common gesture found in South Asian cultures, most notably in India. This form of nonverbal communication is sometimes referred to as "Indian head shake" or as travel journalist Stephan Wilkinson has described it, "a vague cock of the head." The motion usually consists of a side-to-side tilting of the head in arcs along the coronal plane.[1] It is often performed by the listener in agreement with what is being said by the speaker, such that the speaker perceives there is 'no problem' with the message currently being conveyed.[2]

Comment

Bob, you are wasting your time and my time. Seeing as I get paid about 40 times as much for my time as you do for your time, please continue.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

In an office of 45 about 35 are Bobs. Fortunately they're are on a different project to me. **** knows what they do.

All come in together at 9. Heads down at their desks till 12.30. All move to eating area where they open their tupperware containers of curry and rice and proceed to stink out the building. All back to desks at 1pm, heads down until 5.30 and off they all troop out of the building. They hardly ever speak unless it's in hindi, punjabi or whatever to the Bob next to him. The Bobettes are the quietest creatures on the planet - If they do speak it's in the shy, whispering voice of a small child speaking to the teacher on it's first day at school. One of them even asked the Test Centre manager if they could be excused to go to the toilet

I'm guessing they must be doing something right otherwise why would they be over here?
            Formerly Sausage Surprise but forgot password on account that had email address from old gig

Comment

duplicate post
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Bob, you are wasting your time and my time. Seeing as I get paid about 40 times as much for my time as you do for your time, please continue.
                That won't last long term since you are not 40 times as good as Bob.

That statement ecompasses the whole problem with Western entitlement.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  That won't last long term since you are not 40 times as good as Bob.

That statement ecompasses the whole problem with Western entitlement.
                  Hmm, we'll see, but there are quite a few very big Dutch firms giving up on them and bringing the work back home.

Comment

Bob's wage inflation is so high that by the time the Bobs understand what goes on in western businesses and learn to communicate properly their price advantage will have evaporated.

Comment

Originally posted by Wobblyheed View Post

I'm guessing they must be doing something right otherwise why would they be over here?
                      Many bodies, much cheapness. If they are self contained its also look busyness until the absolute final, final deadline is reached then on to next project.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X