• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Db table with most records you have worked with

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post

What is your record?
    My record is 42 rows.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Updating database of 66,555,636,804 rows every 8 hours.

The largest I've worked with is 3,529,437,390,545 rows.

I wish I worked at Twitter, life would have been so much easier.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        I wish I worked at Twitter, life would have been so much easier.

HTH
        Not to mention more profitable for you, even if you worked as the janitor.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          A US President visited NASA one day, saw a janitor working feverishly at sweeping the floor, asked him
          what he was doing and received the reply, "Because I'm working to put a man on the moon"

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Originally posted by AtW View Post
            A US President visited NASA one day, saw a janitor working feverishly at sweeping the floor, asked him
            what he was doing and received the reply, "Because I'm working to put a man on the moon"
            So to extend sas' example you would be working to put pointless bulltulip on the internet. Doesn't have quite the same ring to it.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

One of my systems has a database with c1.5 billion records, all small records though. Looking at it is on my list but as it's working well at the moment it's not a priority.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

I once worked with a VB developer, interfacing his application to SAP. He boasted that his database was approaching 1MB in size. At some time I casually pointed out that the GL table alone was 31GB.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

My planB db reached 190gb at the last customer analysis - and that is without the transaction log - had to delete a lot of other data on the server to make room for it.
                  "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Sounds like a lot of people have very inefficient data storage methods.

There's only so many unique letters and numbers.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                    X