• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Huxley admission

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    Agents are required BY LAW to be sure that the candidate is who they say they are and are qualified BEFORE forwarding their details to the client.
    This is your quote numpty...where does it say they have to check with previous clients first?

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
      This is your quote numpty...where does it say they have to check with previous clients first?

Mailman
      As I said before matey, I try to keep my posts short and expect my audience to be smart enough to extrapolate the rest of the argument for themselves (do you remember that bit), it helps to not have to spoon feed the idiots.
      If you cant keep up don't join the race!

Or do you think I should have cut and pasted the whole document and then explained in fine detail my entire point? We could be here a long looooong time.

Precis: The original question is basically why do agents need references. My answer is it is in the conduct of agents regs in the section about ensuring ID quals etc.
      Your point is what exactly?
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
        Precis: The original question is basically why do agents need references. My answer is it is in the conduct of agents regs in the section about ensuring ID quals etc.
        Your point is what exactly?
        Surely that is only if the contractor "opts in"...

Comment

There is nothing to extrapolate out numpty...agents do not need to check with previous clients for the validity of your qualifications OR who you are...and as I said earlier...all your previous client is gonna do is tell them you did what you said you did (which would be a reference check which usually COMES AFTER you have a job offer).

My answer is it is in the conduct of agents regs in the section about ensuring ID quals etc.
          The regs dont say an agent has to check with a PRIOR client for your identity and qualifications.

Mailman

Comment

Working...
          X