• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First Contract, last day, are they all like this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cr1spy,

is that Atlas Copco ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Why is it being offered to UAT if it's still a pile of tulipe?
      Because no-one will admit it's a pile of tulip and every time anyway has pointed out any problems the response has been "We'll fix it in UAT".

At least thats what was said the last time I was involved in anything similar
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        Because no-one will admit it's a pile of tulip and every time anyway has pointed out any problems the response has been "We'll fix it in UAT".

What then happens is that the client gives in, signs off UAT and forks out more money for development.

I can think of three Government projects I've seen in the last month where my first reaction was to find the person who signed off the work and introduce them to the view from the top of the tower block.

It wouldn't be so bad if current clientco hadn't written two of the systems. How they remain MS Gold Partners is a mystery I don't want to investigate.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

That's f**king stupid. Offering a piece of tulip to UAT just makes it even less likely that users ever accept because they lose all confidence in the system (unless of course it's a government organisation with a limitless supply of money).
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            That's f**king stupid. Offering a piece of tulip to UAT just makes it even less likely that users ever accept because they lose all confidence in the system (unless of course it's a government organisation with a limitless supply of money).
            I didn't say it was a good idea......
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
            X