• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Benched in London!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poplar now, heading for Woolwich. Went into a Starbucks for the first time ever at Stratford. Sort of Microsoft coffee-flavoured drink, isn't it.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Poplar now, heading for Woolwich. Went into a Starbucks for the first time ever at Stratford. Sort of Microsoft coffee-flavoured drink, isn't it.
      Nick - hope you find a lucrative contract in a flash - Good Speed NickFitz

I hope all the Agents on this site will do their bit to help given your stellar contributions to this site The Monday Links in particular - OK Gentlemen ?

Comment

If you're out east, you could always pop along and see the Thames Barrier in the flesh, nice park there too.
        Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
          Nick - hope you find a lucrative contract in a flash - Good Speed NickFitz

I hope all the Agents on this site will do their bit to help given your stellar contributions to this site The Monday Links in particular - OK Gentlemen ?
          Thanks AJP - although to be honest, I could do with a couple of weeks break

Still, that's mainly because this last project was on such an insane schedule. The majority of gigs would seem like a rest cure after the last few weeks

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
            If you're out east, you could always pop along and see the Thames Barrier in the flesh, nice park there too.
            I got quite a good view of it from the DLR on my trip down to Woolwich, but it would be fun to go and have a proper look next time I go for an adventure down that way

Back at the hotel in Edgware now, thinking about dinner

Comment

In Stratford. It lacks Lewisham's quaint charm. It appears, in fact, to be a shopping centre.
              But going past the olympic stadium to get there is quite nice. And you would have seen them building the olympic statue you can climb up.

Comment

Always wondered what its like being taken up the Mudchute....
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                  I wouldn't bother if I were you.

Head to the NG - they've got a very nice (free) alterpiece exhibition. Lots of interesting science stuff about how they work out what goes where.
                  Just went to that - very good

Before that I went to the National Army Museum. They have a special exhibition about Commando comics artwork at the moment. Sadly it didn't include any of the Commando stories my dad wrote in the 60s/early 70s, but still highly recommended, as is the rest of the museum

Comment

Just went to that - very good

Before that I went to the National Army Museum. They have a special exhibition about Commando comics artwork at the moment. Sadly it didn't include any of the Commando stories my dad wrote in the 60s/early 70s, but still highly recommended, as is the rest of the museum
                    I still have a box of those somewhere I think. I had loads of them.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X