• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best way to sell a car

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grinder View Post
    How about driving it to a scrapper - I bet they will offer you £250 for a runner with MOT. Just check the small ads in your local paper.

I'd vote ebay though. Just be really honest and thorough in the description.
    Not a bad option depending on the actual value of the car. Scrap prices are around £150-160 per ton atm. Your Pug will weigh in at around 1.3 ton. You could get up to £200 quid for scrap if you look around.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Grinder View Post
      How about driving it to a scrapper - I bet they will offer you £250 for a runner with MOT. Just check the small ads in your local paper.

I'd vote ebay though. Just be really honest and thorough in the description.
      It may sound silly - but I love the car and could not bear to see it scrapped. I know its stupid as its like trying to keep alive a much loved pet who is elderly and suffering - but I've had the car 8 years now. My son nearly cried when I told him the issues were becoming too much. Being autistic he has no empathy with people - but alot with inanimate objects!

I think I need to lie down for a cry now.

BP
      PS prices on ebay are too low - I reckon I would get more via auction or scrappage.

Comment

I'm not certain they would scrap a runner with MOT, but it is a possibility.

I did sell a car from my driveway about 3 years ago - I put the £300 price tag on the window and got an offer of £225 and reluctantly accepted. It had about £80 worth of road tax on it so they got a bargain.

If you do put it up for sale, I think at that sort of money the expectation is "sold as seen" but no harm in stating that just in case. Just say as little as possible, so you're not imlpying anything about condition (good or bad). Suggest they give it a good look over because you don't know much about cars. Obviously tell them you had to top up the oil.
        "take me to your leader"

Comment

Working...
        X