• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Uncomfortable words

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Amazing. You don't flinch while saying '40%' when a contractor asks what your cut is.
    The thought of a contractor taking 60% more than makes me flinch
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      Hallo or Moin Moin or Morgen or Morge or Servus or Gruß Gott or Tag or 'ello
      "Yo sup innit, don b dissn me mate al get me crew on yer … yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo lets bounce diggin it homie!"

Which I believe is the current vernacular in use by the younger generation these days.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Do it the Danish way.
        Hej - for hello
        Hej hej - for goodbye
        "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          Try the Russian greeting;

Zdrastvuitye

Come on, all together.....
          I do like the way it is easy to meet a greet in Russian especially with “lets introduce ourselves” is quite normal. I never get a zdrastvuitye, on the phone I get all sorts of greetings such as hullo, ‘darhm, d’ahm churs, and priviat. It's gone down-hill since the CCCP.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Does anyone say "watcher!" any more?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
              Does anyone say "watcher!" any more?
              Jamie Oliver I think

Comment

I a also have difficulty saying "please" I find it a hard word that sounds and feels over assertive.
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  I a also have difficulty saying "please" I find it a hard word that sounds and feels over assertive.
                  JFDI

Comment

You could always try "moshi, moshi". But I think that's for phone calls only.
                    Wibble

Comment

Uncomfortable words

So
                      Sooooo
                      So
                      Sor
                      Sorrrrrrr
                      Soooorrrrr

Nah can't do it.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X