• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Last Days...?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    What were those dodecahedron monsters called? Anyone remember?
    I have to honest, my green lizard friend, I pride myself on my Dr Who knowledge and you have me stumped there.

There was an artefact called The Dodecahedron in "Meglos" (late Tom Baker), which was an ancient abandoned power array worshipped by some regressive types. That's as close as I can get.

Comment

This was in the very early Hartnell eps, I think, possibly Troughton at the latest.

I've looked on various sites, but a dodecahedron monster I cannot find... more figments of my imagination or alzheimers...

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Mechonoid
      Last edited by zeitghost; 10 February 2017, 11:07.

Comment

There were some guys in original Star Trek (the Kelvins from Andromeda) who could turn people into dodecahedrons using their belt utility thingies. Might you be thinking of that?

Comment

The Web Planet (with Martin Jarvis as one of the aforementioned butterflies, Captain Hilio).

No dodecahedrons in that one, but the enemy complex is called the Carcinome.

Comment

First signs of madness

In medieval times the reciting of bogus religious scripts was considered the first signs of madness , the solution was for mostly unqualified 'surgeons' to cut open the head of the perpitrator of such nonsense and release the demons within.

I think Chico is suffering from demons within , as fellows of the contractor sect we need to help him.

Cutting off his head with a blunt breadknife might work as a first 'try'

Comment

Originally posted by Bitbucket

Cutting off his head with a blunt breadknife might work as a first 'try'
              Wouldn't make much difference.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Jack
                The Web Planet (with Martin Jarvis as one of the aforementioned butterflies, Captain Hilio).

No dodecahedrons in that one, but the enemy complex is called the Carcinome.
                They were called Mechanoids apparently, Cap'n Jack.

I've started a thread to celebrate their forgotten-ness...

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Mechonoid
                Last edited by zeitghost; 10 February 2017, 11:08.

Comment

Working...
                X