• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Searching your name on Google

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    There was a separate sheet of paper that came with the register letter that covered this issue, which by law I think meant they had to change the way they do things. Not sure what the details were now though, or whether the default is opt in or opt out. I suspect it used to be opt in to spam by default, but now at the very least it's made clear that you are opting in, whether by default or by choice.
    On our EF there is an explanation of the two type of lists, and you have to mark those people in the household for who you do not want their details included in the commercially available list.

All well and good unless you entrust the wife to fill in the document......
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      On our EF there is an explanation of the two type of lists, and you have to mark those people in the household for who you do not want their details included in the commercially available list.

I replied using the automated phone system (took seconds), with which they offered a choice of phone buttons to press, covering opting in or opting out. Maybe they've filed my phone number now

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post

Or your wife grabs the form and returns it before you can correct the mistake.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Or your wife grabs the form and returns it before you can correct the mistake.
          Aye.. best to limit them to cooking & cleaning
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I wonder.........

.........with this modern age, I think our kids are going to have a massively different experience of their parents than we did.

What have I got of what my father did when he was in his teens / twenties / thirties? Lovely stories of his life, funny stories, stories that shape his life, odd black and white pictures and that is all. For our generation, our children will be able to access thousands of sources of information on the internet – 1000’s of pictures (not all great!), status updates etc – makes you wonder if it will allow our children to know us better or will push them away in some way – they always say don’t never meet your idols.

That was deep. Time to make a cuppa!

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              There was a separate sheet of paper that came with the register letter that covered this issue, which by law I think meant they had to change the way they do things. Not sure what the details were now though, or whether the default is opt in or opt out. I suspect it used to be opt in to spam by default, but now at the very least it's made clear that you are opting in, whether by default or by choice.
              The default is opt-in and you have to tick it now every year to opt-out.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
              X