• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SSD Drives

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Limits of the parkheed imagination never fail to surprise.
    Fanbois blindness is one of life's absolutes
    Me, me, me...

Comment

I highly recommend

Novatech Barebone Bundle - Intel Core i7 2600K - Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 Memory - Asus P8P67 Pro Motherboard - Novatech Gaming Case & 600w Silent Gaming PSU

the 2600K processor is the dogs bollox and this kit is fully tested and burned in so no nasty instability problems etc.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        I highly recommend

Novatech Barebone Bundle - Intel Core i7 2600K - Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 Memory - Asus P8P67 Pro Motherboard - Novatech Gaming Case & 600w Silent Gaming PSU

the 2600K processor is the dogs bollox and this kit is fully tested and burned in so no nasty instability problems etc.
        Another excellent link
        Me, me, me...

Comment

I highly recommend

2600K not much different from 2500K, especially given how well can be overlocked.

More importantly wtf would you buy a bundle instead of having it all nicely assembled and tested?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            And you'll spend the same amount in the few years. Save some more cash, and you could get a Mac.
            FTFY
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
              Fanbois blindness is one of life's absolutes
              No offence CH. You can feel better now.

What I know to be true and what people believe are two very different things, the CUK sociopath helps bring that amongst us all.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I prefer to roll my own. Currently looking at:

Fractal Design R3 case in black or titanium with a couple of 140mm fans.
                Gigabyte GA-Z58XP-UD4 Motherboard
                2500K CPU
                16GB Crucial 1333Mhz DDR3 (nice green ones with no heat sinks )

I have the rest of the parts already. I might go for a new sound card at some point though.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  2600K not much different from 2500K, especially given how well can be overlocked.

More importantly wtf would you buy a bundle instead of having it all nicely assembled and tested?
                  It is tested and assembled. It just doesn't have a GPU or HDD or OS installed.

And the 2600K is streets ahead of the 2500K.

PassMark CPU Lookup

Comment

It is tested and assembled. It just doesn't have a GPU or HDD or OS installed.

And the 2600K is streets ahead of the 2500K.

PassMark CPU Lookup

Well my 2500K runs at 4.6 Ghz, thanks to liquid cooling ...

Basically marketing wise i7 2600k is for mugs like yourself, and smart people buy i5 2500k and have it nicely overclocked by experts.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Well my 2500K runs at 4.6 Ghz, thanks to liquid cooling ...

Basically marketing wise i7 2600k is for mugs like yourself, and smart people buy i5 2500k and have it nicely overclocked by experts.
                      The 2600K has hyperthreading and a larger cache, and you can still overclock it if you like.

Comment

Working...
                      X