• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The UK economy .....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes
    hands up if you building an AU and AG holding

Milan.
    Mister Hunter says you be too late and missed the boat

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
      hands up if you building an AU and AG holding

Milan.
      I couldnt possibly comment

Remember: in 1934 the USA government confiscated all personal gold holdings - it could again and this time it could be in the UK

What you dont have they cannot confiscate

Comment

You can't allow inflation to grow like you could in the past eg Harold Wilson because these days that would create a currency shock. i.e. the pound begins to accelerate downwards as inflation picks up, simply because the financial markets are liquid enough to allow everyone to sell. So if inflation picks up they'll raise rates.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by eternalnomad
          I couldnt possibly comment

Remember: in 1934 the USA government confiscated all personal gold holdings - it could again and this time it could be in the UK

What you dont have they cannot confiscate
          Why be no one asking Mister Brown why he sold orff our gold at the bottom of the market?

Comment

Benny,

the jury is out on that one

Milan.

Comment

to prop up the U$D old chap

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny
                Why be no one asking Mister Brown why he sold orff our gold at the bottom of the market?
                Because everyone knows that Gaydon is such a genius and knew exactly what he was doing.

Disagreeing with this "fact" will brand you a terrorist

Comment

Originally posted by eternalnomad
                  Because everyone knows that Gaydon is such a genius and knew exactly what he was doing.

Disagreeing with this "fact" will brand you a terrorist
                  I also meant to add......he announced in advance his intention to dump UK gold onto the market. The market reaction was to drop the (already low) price furher in expectation of the gold coming into the market.

The nett effect of his announcement being the price achieved for the UK's gold was EVEN lower that it could have been.

The more i think about it, the more of a genius i think Gaydon really is.

Gaydon for PM, Gaydon for PM (sooner the better IMHO - a couple of years of that fella in charge and we are guranteed no more NuLiebour for at least one whole generation)

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
                    hands up if you building a guns and food holding

threaded.
                    No - me guns, you hands up.

Comment

Cant be doing that bad

Believe Gordon has just pledged 6 Billion to help educate poor African kids , looks like the Cisco CCNA will be relegated to the level of a GCSE and C# will be like knowing the Sinclair Spectrum inside out

Good time to get out of IT and into something more profitable like making fish sausages or whatever.

Comment

Working...
                      X