• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hot hot hot

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Apprently it pissed down all day in Darmstadt...
    It started raining in the Frankfurt area Sunday at approc 11 am. I had to seek refuge in the Eiffel mountains. It was nice and sunny there and thus a dry track was enjoyed
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Rome was quite warm - 38°C or so over the weekend. Back to the relative coolness of Basel. A mere 34. Thank goodness my client has one of the few airconditioned buildings in the city.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        client has one of the few airconditioned buildings in the city.
        Lucky!

No such luxury here. But I have a cunning plan. Came in a 6 this morning shall leave at 2:30 and head to the beer garden for afters.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Worked on a project in France in 2003 - when temperatures got to 40°C. The project management had put the developers on the streetside of the offices, keeping the nicer offices, overlooking the park, to themselves and the business analysts. Our offices were north facing...

The first of my team in, would open all our windows, letting in the cool morning air. As the sun started to climb, we shut all the windows and brought down the shutters. By about 11am, we could put the shutters up again. When the sun set and temperatures dropped, we'd open the windows - security would close them for us during their rounds. ( We could do this, because some of our team started about 6am, others strolled in about 10am and worked until 8 or 9pm. )

The result was that our offices were fairly cool and comfortable.

The rest of the project team melted. Even following our regime, the heat seeped through the closed shutters, and by 2 their offices were ovens. I felt so sorry for the poor dears.

Comment

Now we're cooking.

Driving home this evening the temperature never fell below 35.

How's the weather in England?

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Driving home this evening the temperature never fell below 35.

How's the weather in England?
              Dunno. Don't pay much attention to the weather since I have a life.

Anyone want to quote me
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

sasguru
                Better than AtW
                This message is hidden because sasguru is on your ignore list.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  Dunno. Don't pay much attention to the weather since I have a life.

Anyone want to quote me
                  Sure. hth

Comment

8am, 29c, about to jump in the pool. Was walking along the Promenade des Anglais in Nice yesterday expecting a cool sea breeze, like ****, it was 35c and my balls were sweatier than a Sumo wrestlers jockstrap.
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

26 at minute, it's 9:30am.

Not looking forward to the afternoon, already the screen is a blur.

Comment

Working...
                      X