• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flash Points Across the Continent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    You're not supposed to take any interest!
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Some of the housing schemes in Scotland are in much worse condition, residents poorer and outlook bleaker than anything I have seen in London - the ones in london are middle class in comparison. Some schemes are now having 3 generations of full time unemployment. Yet haven't got to rioting yet, maybe its the rain that stops them.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishface View Post
        Yet haven't got to rioting yet, maybe its the rain that stops them.
        I think it is more 'Don't sheet where you eat' which prevents the rioting. It's not gonna happen besides the neds know they'd be run over of the pollis in a second.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Fishface View Post
          Some of the housing schemes in Scotland are in much worse condition, residents poorer and outlook bleaker than anything I have seen in London - the ones in london are middle class in comparison. Some schemes are now having 3 generations of full time unemployment. Yet haven't got to rioting yet, maybe its the rain that stops them.
          I reckon the fact that they don't get their noses rubbed in it constantly by a relentless parade of incredibly affluent people going about their business is a factor as well.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            I reckon the fact that they don't get their noses rubbed in it constantly by a relentless parade of incredibly affluent people going about their business is a factor as well.
            If that were the case Edinburgh would have been turned over on day 1.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              Ooh, you do like your selective postings, SS
              Prosperous Germany is also feeling the pinch of cost-cutting measures. The German National Poverty Conference (NAK) warns that prospects for young people are only growing worse. As youth welfare services are cut, they say, other services, such as the charity missions run from train stations throughout the country, are seeing more young people in need. And to find proof that Germany is also home to a latent tendency toward violence, look no further than the yearly riots on May 1 -- International Workers' Day -- in Berlin's Kreuzberg district and Hamburg's Schanzenviertel.
              There is a slight difference between what happens in Germany and what happened in the UK. For start most riots are political and are caused by left wing agitators normally when there is a facist march on. The 1st May riots happen every year and have done for many years and the police know what to do and are prepared and they're not afraid to go in with truncheons and water cannons. In fact most of the demonstrations on 1st May are very peaceful until the left wing (mainly students, unemployed hippies, left wing agitators and the like) decide to kick off. Funnily enough when the riot wing do have a march and there is no opposition there are no riots, no damage, no looting...
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
              X