• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Family served with eviction notice from Wandsworth Council

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So is Wandsworth a tulip area or the place where local oligarchy lives?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Just copy-pasting newspaper articles without commenting again?

She only looks 18 herself, even as a very young teen mum she doesn't look nearly old enough to have an 18-year-old kid.

Also... they are thrown out as being SUSPECTED of a crime?!
      That's his girlfriend you berk. His mother is at the bottom of the article and she certainly does not look 18.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Never underestimate the power of inertia. We still support the same banking and MP scum.
        Just a point of order, but who gives a tulip about that? This has got bugger all to do with them. It's about the riots.

Comment

Being booted has some implications, even if they still end up being supported by the council (under a different scheme)

The act of moving is a major pain, especially if you are an idle waster. You have to move out of your comfort zone, leave all your cronies behind. Let people know about change of address etc,

It may not be a direct act of revenge, but I bet it feels like one if you are on the receiving end. Bump them around a few times and I reckon it might have an effect on them

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            Bump them around a few times and I reckon it might have an effect on them
            They can't riot if they have to keep moving house?

And if all of them move every 6 months then gangs will be mixed?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
              Just a point of order, but who gives a tulip about that? This has got bugger all to do with them. It's about the riots.
              Read the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Not sure about the eviction idea, seems heavy handed and needs to be used for the worst cases.

I am impressed with the more
                heavier sentences the courts have been handing out by sending rioters of all types (whether their first ever crime or multiple) straight to jail - do not pass go - do not collect £200.

Some of the reactions of people sent to jail have been along the lines of 'b b b but it was only a bottle of wine' I think the knowledge that if your caught for
                rioting/looting you're going away for
                six months will act as a deterrent to
                many.
                Charlie Gilmour got 16 months for swinging from a flag from the Cenotaph and violent disorder, so I would think that sentences should be starting from the 16 month mark that is if it was an equal and fair justice for all.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  Read the thread.
                  I have. The thread was/is about a family being evicted for the son's rioting.

It's only you that's banging on about MPs and bankers not being evicted from their homes for whatever. Nothing to do with the topic.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    So is Wandsworth a tulip area or the place where local oligarchy lives?
                    Nope.

It's like most of London.

Council housing which may or may not be in housing estates is mixed with private housing.

So you could walk down a road a mile long a block of flats could be council owned but the next block of flats, which look stereotypically council built due to being completed in the 1960s, are completely private.

London councils also own listed buildings and buildings in conservation areas.

Most of the councils have sold off these properties as they cost too much to maintain.

In the case of Wandsworth most of them have been sold under right to buy as they have been a Tory run council for years.
                    Last edited by SueEllen; 13 August 2011, 17:13.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                      I have. The thread was/is about a family being evicted for the son's rioting.

It's only you that's banging on about MPs and bankers not being evicted from their homes for whatever. Nothing to do with the topic.
                      Let me help you out. My post was in reply to a post that expressed a hope that society would change in response to 'scummy' behaviour by members of society. I suggested that inertia may prevent this and gave examples of recent 'scummy' behaviour that have not prompted a change. I hope that clears things up to your satisfaction.

Comment

Working...
                      X