• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This blackberry messaging system?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PAH View Post
    Seems dodgy that this 'anonymous' group are trying to restrict access to RM's logs.

If they really are worried about blanket prosecution without checking the evidence of the actual message content, instead focusing on the location the message was sent from (determined much the same way they determine mobile call locations), I expect journos and TV crew possessing blackberries who were in the vicinity would soon complain through their media channels if they were included in such an indiscriminate catch.

Could it be this 'anonymous' group are worried as they too use blackberries for field comms so don't want their secrets uncovered?
    Techncally they arn't part of Annonymous.

They call themselves TeamPoison (except with the usual dodgy 133t spelling) and until recently were in open disagrement with Anonymous in terms of what they think Anonymous as a whole should be doing. They only recently agreed a "ceasefire" and are now nominally under the Anonymous umbrella.

The RIM defacement, and thats pretty much all it amounted to, was a TeamPoison effort and not directly connected to Anonymous, athough at least some of Anonymous problably new it was going to happen.

EDIT: The word anonymous appears far too many times in this post.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      EDIT: The word anonymous appears far too many times in this post.
      On the bright side, you only misspelled it the first time

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        On the bright side, you only misspelled it the first time

Comment

I'm loving Google Chrome's instant spell-checker.

Works better now it's set to English (England) and not English (Yank).

So, there's no longer any excuse for such despicable spelling. Poor old will be redundant soon.
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

So, there's no longer any excuse for such despicable spelling. Poor old will be redundant soon.
            Sadly I'm stuck with Client Co.'s dodgy IE6 install

Comment

There will always be a place for poor old Fleety!

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                That's how I understand it too. It seems to be the main thing that makes Blackberry's popular at the moment, which is why Apple have copied it. Seems a bit odd to me as I can't remember the last time I had to pay for a text message, they're usually included now aren't they?
                Is BBM also known as PIN to PIN communication on a Blackberry or is it a different thing altogether?

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                  Is BBM also known as PIN to PIN communication on a Blackberry or is it a different thing altogether?
                  No idea what Pin to Pin communication is. Blackberry Messenger is clearly called "Blackberry Messenger" on a Blackberry

Comment

On second thoughts, this 'anonymous' group can't be all bad:

Anonymous: We'll kill Facebook on bonfire night - Yahoo!

Might only trash facebook for a few hours but it'll be a few hours my cousins can't post photos of me pissed out of my skull at a recent birthday bash.

I know, my fault for being drunk but where are my human rights.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

The Spill Chucker Pome

Mandatory Mac user's comment:

We've had spell checking available for all apps for years. It shouldn't be an application specific feature

though unfortunately it's for Yank English
                      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                      X