• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Police

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Exactly what point are you making? That because he wears crap jewellery and looks a bit of a poser, it doesn't matter?
    Indeed. It does matter. The Met, who shot an innocent guy on the tube then lied about it, ****ed up the investigation of Stephen Lawrence's murder and lied about it, kicked tulip out of a bystander during a protest, who later died, then they lied about it, are suddenly such great heroes. They aren't. The people doing the rioting and looting are scum, but I can certainly sympathize with Londoners who feel they've been let down by the police, and even if the police were justified in shooting that guy, I can see why many people would be inclined to disbelieve them.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Why not simply issue the rioters with cars and wait for the Police to nab them for Speeding? That seems to be about the pinnacle of achievement in fighting crime for most of the current thick blue line!!
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
        This is the 'family man,' not involved in gang culture, whose death has caused all this.

Unfortunately he had the chance to breed.

Comment

Originally posted by TiroFijo View Post
          Unfortunately he had the chance to breed.
          So did much of the scum-class.

People are asking why their parents let the youth do what they did. Simplistic answer is they encouraged it or turned a blind eye. 'They were only playing out, doing a bit of looting'.
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Fortunately Cameron and BoJo have plenty of experience in the field of rioting from their time in the Bullingdon Club. Mow they're back from their hols, we can expect to see the blighters de-bagged, have their buttocks painted gentian purple, and be horse-whipped down the Strand.

Comment

The police don't give a tulip as the tories are cutting there jobs by 20%. If they had just raised taxes for their elite super rich mates rather than plundering normal working/middle class families wallets then maybe there wouldn't be riots.

Comment

What I really want to see is some 6'5" para to stand on the Tele and proclaim words to the effect of "Stop ******* about, the next one to throw a brick gets filled in".

You can't riot with 2 broken legs.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
                  The police don't give a tulip as the tories are cutting there jobs by 20%. If they had just raised taxes for their elite super rich mates rather than plundering normal working/middle class families wallets then maybe there wouldn't be riots.
                  I'll give that a 3/10 on the troll attempt scale. Must try harder.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                    What I really want to see is some 6'5" para to stand on the Tele and proclaim words to the effect of "Stop ******* about, the next one to throw a brick gets filled in".

You can't riot with 2 broken legs.
                    Wot, like Belfast in 1973? That really helped didn't it.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
                      The police don't give a tulip
                      Bollocks. The rozzers like nothing more than dishing out a bit of police brutality to deserving scumbags.

They had their hands tied last night and were spread too thinly to be able to have a noticeable impact.

They were simply caught out by large gangs of youths determined to ransack the place and obtain some free stuff, starting fires as distractions while they moved onto other targets.

A curfew and massive police/army presence is the only thing that will stop them, unless the citizens stop hiding and deal with their children.
                      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                      Feist - I Feel It All
                      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                      X