• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My Favourite CUK posters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    He's like caramac isn't he? You know he's pretty nasty but you can't help yourself.
    I couldn't eat a whole one.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
      I couldn't eat a whole one.
      I now have that kind of post-caramac queasiness.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        If only he was actually interesting.

I imagine him as the mad uncle who inflicts himself on the newcomer to the party. Meanwhile everyone else is having a great time as the newcomer protects everyone else from the uncle.
        Most newbies are discouraged. One newbie who joined in June this year has already had 4 'infractions'. I can see why, even though you are a relative newbie, they tolerate you. Have you ever heard of Quisling?

Comment

Originally posted by Craic View Post
          "and despite being welcomed by the hosts"

There are two things wrong with this.

1. The first is that there was no welcome from the 'hosts'. There was abuse straight away. I didn't start the abuse. When I said something about this I was told that this was a 'bear pit' and would have to get used to it or 'feck off'. I responded in kind and found that the 'bears' couldn't take it themselves and started crying for me to be banned. One Moderator decided that he would run with the baying mob.

2. The second thing is that not your house and not your party. You are guests here like me and everyone else. However, I think it is telling that Pondlife has the veteran posters as 'the hosts'. The hosts are CUK.

The problem is that the old posters are perfectly happy with the way it is and don't want new posters coming along into what they see as their private club. Unfortunately for them it is not a private club, even though this is not clear to all Moderators.

It seems that something similar is happening to me as happened to a poster who joined in June. It looks as if trying to get rid of newbies with a view of their own is systematic and endemic.
          You are correct. The hosts are CUK which was my intention from the start. They allow you to post here for free and you presume to tell them how to run their site. That was the analogy.

Comment

One newbie who joined in June this year has already had 4 'infractions'.
            And thus renders themselves the very kind of newbie that ought to be discouraged. Take note.
            And stop trying to draw ridiculous connections between what happens within General and the whole business side of CUK. As the warnings clearly state (and can clearly be understood by anyone whose cognitive abilities surpass those of a water vole!!), General is a place for boisterous debate. If you can't stand the heat of this particular kitchen then kindly withdraw back to your nursery, where I am sure Matron will be happy to attend to your petty temper tantrums.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              You are correct. The hosts are CUK which was my intention from the start. They allow you to post here for free and you presume to tell them how to run their site. That was the analogy.
              Neither of us own CUK so you shouldn't presume to speak for them either.

What I ams saying is that it is in CUK's best interests if Newbies are not discouraged by veteran posters. Would you dispute that?

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                And thus renders themselves the very kind of newbie that ought to be discouraged. Take note.
                And stop trying to draw ridiculous connections between what happens within General and the whole business side of CUK. As the warnings clearly state (and can clearly be understood by anyone whose cognitive abilities surpass those of a water vole!!), General is a place for boisterous debate. If you can't stand the heat of this particular kitchen then kindly withdraw back to your nursery, where I am sure Matron will be happy to attend to your petty temper tantrums.

The problem is not that I couldn't stand the heat. The problem is that I got banned for a post responding to your abuse. The problem is not that I can't stick up for myself. The problems is that, like other newbies, I have to do it with my hands tied behind my back.

Comment

The problem is not that I couldn't stand the heat. The problem is that I got banned for a post responding to your abuse. The problem is not that I can't stick up for myself. The problems is that, like other newbies, I have to do it with my hands tied behind my back.
                  The problem is that you want an inordinate amount of respect having contributed nothing to have earned it. Stop me if I am getting too technical.
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

Let me ask you a question. I've been banned twice since joining recently for infractions. Another newbie who joined in June has been banned 4 times, like me, for responding to abuse in kind. Conisdering virtually all of your posts are abusive, when was the last time you were banned for an infraction?

Comment

Conisdering virtually all of your posts are abusive, when was the last time you were banned for an infraction?
                      April 2011.

Your point?

Comment

Working...
                      X