• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My Favourite CUK posters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Craic View Post
    That's not my experience of other Forums.
    All forums vary.

There are one or two forums out there, where we can discuss anything, so long as it's done intelligently. No hate there.

Then there are others like a popular science forum, where supposed wannabe scientists cant grasp simple life stages of a stars lifespan.

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
      Not to revisit the thread, but all I offered was my view on sexism as that was the subject being discussed, so it wasnt actually trolling ...

But you are correct, craic may call it unfair, but veteran people always have an easier time than noobs.
      Part of the job of Moderators should be to ensure fair play. I would presume that it is not part of their remit to favour veterans over newbies and to penalise newbies for pretty much the same things as veterans get away with.

Comment

Part of the job of Moderators should be to ensure fair play. I would presume that it is not part of their remit to favour veterans over newbies and to penalise newbies for pretty much the same things as veterans get away with.
        The mods swear just as much as others, yet they cant ban themselves

It may be unfair, but just part of the internet world .....

Comment

The mods swear just as much as others, yet they cant ban themselves

It may be unfair, but just part of the internet world .....
          For evil men to succeed all it takes is that good men do nothing.

Comment

Ive already had 4 ....

Got 11 infraction points and -129 reps.
            Feel free to catch me up anytime
            Being a d**k
            Even though my first infraction, was for a swear word.

Tiresome trolling

Apparently disliking the French, is a crime here.
            Insulted Other Member(s)
            I insulted someone, after they insulted me.

Inappropriate Language

Well yes, I used a swear word, but in a situational context, not one to derive malice.
            Amateur. I have split more bans down my front than you've had infractions tonight
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

This thread reads like Craic has turned up at a house party drunk and despite being welcomed by the hosts is now complaining about their choice of music and how the free booze available is not to his liking.

He has now bumped into Wim in the kitchen and decided to slag off all the other guests whilst getting more pissed on the hosts' booze and knocking over everyone else's drinks.

It can't belong before he gets turfed out for spilling wine on the carpet and breaking the stereo, whilst he drunkenly swears at everyone saying it's a sh!t party anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                This thread reads like Craic has turned up at a house party drunk and despite being welcomed by the hosts is now complaining about their choice of music and how the free booze available is not to his liking.

He has now bumped into Wim in the kitchen and decided to slag off all the other guests whilst getting more pissed on the hosts' booze and knocking over everyone else's drinks.

It can't belong before he gets turfed out for spilling wine on the carpet and breaking the stereo, whilst he drunkenly swears at everyone saying it's a sh!t party anyway.
                Well put Pondy. Good analogy.
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

"and despite being welcomed by the hosts"

There are two things wrong with this.

1. The first is that there was no welcome from the 'hosts'. There was abuse straight away. I didn't start the abuse. When I said something about this I was told that this was a 'bear pit' and would have to get used to it or 'feck off'. I responded in kind and found that the 'bears' couldn't take it themselves and started crying for me to be banned. One Moderator decided that he would run with the baying mob.

2. The second thing is that not your house and not your party. You are guests here like me and everyone else. However, I think it is telling that Pondlife has the veteran posters as 'the hosts'. The hosts are CUK.

The problem is that the old posters are perfectly happy with the way it is and don't want new posters coming along into what they see as their private club. Unfortunately for them it is not a private club, even though this is not clear to all Moderators.

It seems that something similar is happening to me as happened to a poster who joined in June. It looks as if trying to get rid of newbies with a view of their own is systematic and endemic.
                  Last edited by Craic; 7 August 2011, 18:34.

Comment

some stuff
                    There's only one thing for it - nuke the site.

Admin - you have your orders.
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                      How did you know I perch in the kitchen at parties?

Have we met before?

Comment

Working...
                      X