• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dow down 4%

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Wonder how different the situation would be today if none of the UK / US QE printing programs ever took place?

Wonder how different the situation would be today if the banks (failed business) were allowed to fail in the first place.

Something tells me we'd be looking up instead of down.
    You may be right. I don't know. One benefit of letting the banks go bust might have been to clear out the incompetents. I think there's a big imbalance in risk and rewards in the banks, and not only in the banks. We have a situation where people can call themselves directors and gain massive bonusses while their employer makes money, but who run no risk of personal financial loss whatsoever. I wouldn't suggest that people should be entirely liable for their losses, but that PLC directors should be made to put their own money into the businesses they run and be liable to lose their investment when things go belly up, as is the case with Ltd directors.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

You just need some defensive stocks in your portfolio:

Zhaojin Mining Industry Co Ltd (ZHAOF:US) Stock Quote & Analysis - Bloomberg

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        You may be right. I don't know. One benefit of letting the banks go bust might have been to clear out the incompetents. I think there's a big imbalance in risk and rewards in the banks, and not only in the banks. We have a situation where people can call themselves directors and gain massive bonusses while their employer makes money, but who run no risk of personal financial loss whatsoever. I wouldn't suggest that people should be entirely liable for their losses, but that PLC directors should be made to put their own money into the businesses they run and be liable to lose their investment when things go belly up, as is the case with Ltd directors.
        We know Pooperscooter is a cretin but have you taken a stupid pill?
        So we should have let the banks fail and let people lose their life-savings, let businesses go bust and unleash general destitution on society?
        Luckily neither of of you morons is ever likely to reach any position of power, so why don't you just get on with your low-level techie lives and leave the strategic thinking to those with more intellectual firepower?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          more intellectual firepower?

For those who don't already know, pictorial evidence of sasguru's intellectual firepower!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

So we should have let the banks fail and let people lose their life-savings, let businesses go bust and unleash general destitution on society?
            Luckily neither of of you morons is ever likely to reach any position of power, so why don't you just get on with your low-level techie lives and leave the strategic thinking to those with more intellectual firepower?
            As I said, I don't know. I actually find financial news rather boring, but unfortunately it's difficult to get away from it.

Comment

Yeah like the ones currently doing a great job.

I say let Lloyds Group go bust. All this crap about contagion, just sell off all the parts and use capital to settle the debts and the rest the goverment can pick up.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
                I say let Lloyds Group go bust.
                Ironically they were very well run group, but crazy bosses caved in and bought Halifax tulip - if they hadn't then they'd need no bailout and could have bought best bits of Halifax on the cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
                  the rest the goverment can pick up.
                  The governement can pick it up, can it?
                  What is today? Moron day?
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Yep.

Comment

No. That was the day they gave you your own office and login.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X