• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dow down 4%

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Ironically they were very well run group, but crazy bosses caved in and bought Halifax tulip - if they hadn't then they'd need no bailout and could have bought best bits of Halifax on the cheap.
    If folks knew half of what was going on here (lbg) this would be sitting at 20p not 32p.......

Comment

Originally posted by CoolerKing View Post
      If folks knew half of what was going on here (lbg) this would be sitting at 20p not 32p.......
      If folks knew half of what goes on at the last big bank where I worked they wouldn't have any customers. Shall keep name to myself.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        No. That was the day they gave you your own office and login.
        He does not have an office, and the only cubicle he's got is in the toilet.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          If folks knew half of what goes on at the last big bank where I worked they wouldn't have any customers. Shall keep name to myself.
          That'kk be RBS then......:-)

.....if you are a legacy BoS or Hfx account holder.......empty your account before end-of-month would be my suggestion.........talk about an aggressive belt and braces job......lol.........

A test batch run of core retail account processing in HBoS - 2hrs....
          In lbg - 1 week.......i kid u not.......
          Their whole I.T infrastructure is so disorgansied its fkn chaos......

Comment

.....if you are a legacy BoS or Hfx account holder.......empty your account before end-of-month would be my suggestion.........talk about an aggressive belt and braces job......lol.........

Not RBS, but it has an IT infrastructure with 2500 applications of which half are supposedly not used, but they can't switch them off because they don't know what will happen; most of the app admins were sacked, app admin was moved to India and is now carried out by people with no functional knowledge. Money disappears in some of those apps and nobody knows how to find it. Luckily, up to now it's only been small sums that they can compensate. Luck is a bit like wine; great while it lasts, but runs out.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Not RBS, but it has an IT infrastructure with 2500 applications of which half are supposedly not used, but they can't switch them off because they don't know what will happen; most of the app admins were sacked, app admin was moved to India and is now carried out by people with no functional knowledge. Money disappears in some of those apps and nobody knows how to find it. Luckily, up to now it's only been small sums that they can compensate. Luck is a bit like wine; great while it lasts, but runs out.
              Never mind all that baloney.

What I want to kinow is this; Is that you in the picture playing rugby?

Comment

Something also worth consideration, while the UK might have been spared the attention of the markets by printing funny money. That is how this funny money was used. Used by the banks to bet with! Bet against countries pushing them towards default. This is taking ethical to whole new lows. I think once the bottom falls out of this form of money making the country shall be in pretty pickle.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Are HBOS accounts (rather than customer demographic records) due to migrate to CIS-LBG this month ?

I thought that had been put off (although I left in March)
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Most banks lost control of their software years ago, it really turned pear shaped for most in the late 90s when they let mainframe developers loose on massive java projects after 1 week of training and a couple of copies of java world read on the bog.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      Something also worth consideration, while the UK might have been spared the attention of the markets by printing funny money. That is how this funny money was used. Used by the banks to bet with! Bet against countries pushing them towards default. This is taking ethical to whole new lows. I think once the bottom falls out of this form of money making the country shall be in pretty pickle.
                      You really take stupidity and ignorance to new levels.
                      Arise, Chief CUK village idiot.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X