• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NHS IT System

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Yeah, but thats not really fully delivered yet. Of circa 32.5m patients only 7.2 million have had summary records created so far and there are still ongoing issues.
    No, that's Summary Care Record...

Comment

Thats cos the whole thing is run by BT out of their Leeds offices.

I know I was in Halalifax at the time and used to meet up with them after work in Leeds for beers and watch them wipe the tears from their eyes as they left work. Partially from crying about what a tulip job they were involved in and partially tears of laughter as another timesheet got authorised......
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
        I know I was in Halalifax at the time and used to meet up with them after work in Leeds for beers and watch them wipe the tears from their eyes as they left work. Partially from crying about what a tulip job they were involved in and partially tears of laughter as another timesheet got authorised......
        I worked there for a couple of years as well. By the time I left, just ahead of the big cull, I was submitting automated time sheets that were authorised by someone in Norwich I'd never met and who had no idea who I was or what I did, which were paid out of a budget held by someone else who I also never met, and which were never seen by the guys I actually worked for and who knew what I did.

Combine that with a policy that mandated hot desking and encouraged remote working and I could easily have gone on holiday for a month and been paid for it and no-one would have been any the wiser.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I worked there for a couple of years as well. By the time I left, just ahead of the big cull, I was submitting automated time sheets that were authorised by someone in Norwich I'd never met and who had no idea who I was or what I did, which were paid out of a budget held by someone else who I also never met, and which were never seen by the guys I actually worked for and who knew what I did.

Combine that with a policy that mandated hot desking and encouraged remote working and I could easily have gone on holiday for a month and been paid for it and no-one would have been any the wiser.
          I worked there for 18 months also. It was an 18 month non job as far as I could tell. There is only so many times you could wander about Leeds on your extended lunch times.
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

What technologies where they using, MS,Java? A mix?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Whippy View Post
              They should've given the project to AtW. He'd have done it for £17.99 from the comfort of his sofa.....
              WHS

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                I worked there for 18 months also. It was an 18 month non job as far as I could tell. There is only so many times you could wander about Leeds on your extended lunch times.
                I used to enjoy going for a wander along the canal from Granary Warf up to Armley and back. It was a nice stretch to walk along, quiet and leafy away from the traffic.
                Last edited by DaveB; 3 August 2011, 13:14.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Most medical records are electronically stored now anyway at the surgery, they just had to link the places up with a messaging bus and asked the 8 or so companies that sell surgery patient care applications to agree on a data transfer standard.

But then that would have meant minimal cost to the taxpayer leaving the technical decisions to the experts who have worked on these systems for years.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    Most medical records are electronically stored now anyway at the surgery, they just had to link the places up with a messaging bus and asked the 8 or so companies that sell surgery patient care applications to agree on a data transfer standard.

But then that would have meant minimal cost to the taxpayer leaving the technical decisions to the experts who have worked on these systems for years.
                    That is GP medical records. There is a project called GP2GP, which is doing (or is supposed to be doing - I haven't kept track) this.

Hospital records are considerably more complex.

Comment

I worked on this project for a while too. We delivered our little bit and it was top notch.

Dunno what they'll do with it now.

Comment

Working...
                      X