• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are Veteran Posters damaging the CUK brand?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Nah, he could be from Edinburgh or south of the Clyde
    Aye, probably East Coast, ken ?
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
      Very dull fact (2): cretinous is also an anagram of neurotics
      FTFY

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
        FTFY

It's a fair cop.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Is Craic Scottish?
          Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
          He moans enough.
          he's probably drunk as well
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
            he's probably drunk as well
            Without a doubt
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Craic View Post
              It seems to me like there is a group of veteran posters who run the general Forum like a Good Ole Boys club.

They gang up on new posters throwing out insults willy nilly for fun.

If anyone complains they say that you should be able to take it and its just a bit of fun (that's always the excuse of bullies).

However, if one enters into the spirit of it, they can't take it themselves and talking about bannings.

I'm sure that ContractorUK are looking to attract new readers.

What these veteran posters don't seem to realise is that when they bully newcomers, they are associating CUK with this bullying as it takes place on the CUK website.

I'm sure the owners would not be too happy that there is a gang of veterans (incuding at least one moderator) who disencourage newcomers.

i'm sure that the owners would not be best pleased to hear that there are people here damaging the brand.

I think they should be told.
              Oh **** off... once might have been amusing as a troll, twice just makes you about as welcome as Anne Widdecombe at a Playboy pool party.

Comment

Craic, there are a lot of folks on here who are generous enough to give out advice for free to us newbies that helps us to set up and run our own Ltd Co.s successfully, the insults and banter are an additional extra that nobody else complains about. Enjoy reading the posts, take it in good spirit.

Comment

Been looking at craics post's and I doubt anyone is objecting to the posts on football or Rupert Murdoch. So I assume that he is being got at for:

a) Asking who you would like to kill. Why not? Surely any sane CUKer should have a huge list - Tony Blair, Gordon Brown, Ed Balls, The Arsebishop of Canterbury, Harriet Harperson, Bob Crow, The Prince of Daftness, etc etc Even assuming you don't have any ghastly neighbours like me and Wilmslow.

b) Suggesting some countries are good and others bad. Which they truly are. Anyone like to post a reasoned argument on the net benefits that Nigeria, Zimbabwe, Somalia, Lithuania or Bangladesh have brought to the UK? Facts please, statistics from well founded sources, not unsubstantiated PC crap or limited personal experiences extrapolated into nonsense.

This seems to be lot of balls led by the likes of MF and SAS, with, unfortunately, support from a few like aTW who are normally much more sensible.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    b) Suggesting some countries are good and others bad. Which they truly are. Anyone like to post a reasoned argument on the net benefits that Nigeria, Zimbabwe, Somalia, Lithuania or Bangladesh have brought to the UK? Facts please, statistics from well founded sources, not unsubstantiated PC crap or limited personal experiences extrapolated into nonsense.
                    Lithuania has lots of hot women who have moved to London, and a lot of good curry houses are actually run by Bangladeshi immigrants.

(this might be nonsense but it has the ring of truth)
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

What seems to be far more damaging to the brand is the recent proliferation of tedious, thin-skinned, greeting faced,
                      limp-wristed, oversensitive, shandypants gurning newbies.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X