• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Amy Winehouse dead...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As with most post 1980 singers never listened to her but just listened to "Will you still love me tomorrow?" Not bad but can't say I feel inpired to listen to any others.

PS Billy Holiday was brill.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      And also for being some sort of fashion icon while actually being a bit of a minger.
      That's what drugs, booze and heavy smoking of everything do to you. I saw an early interview with her about a month ago and she looked fine.

She was a good advert for young girls not to touch the stuff particularly as she had emphysema as well.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

drugs, booze and heavy smoking of everything do to
        You say that but you have a Vodka avatar. Now I just have to go and have one and it is all your fault.
        bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          You really are a thick judgemental ignorant cock. What the fook do you know about her upbringing or the reasons for her behaviour?
          Another CUK moron.
          I agree with this, and am pleasantly gutted that such a cretin could raise his game.

She was defo a minger though.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            You say that but you have a Vodka avatar. Now I just have to go and have one and it is all your fault.
            Oddly the amount of vodka I've drunk since I got that avatar has decreased dramatically.

Oh and enjoy alcohol in moderation.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Ah I ere fff
              bloggoth

Comment

You really are a thick judgemental ignorant cock.
                Wim121, for that astute observation and a multitude of other reasons, including being abusive via PM after being given 3 polite warnings... you're out.

Comment

You really are a thick judgemental ignorant cock.
                  I'm sure the irony in your post is lost on you
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    FWIW I thought she was quit talented, at least early one before she lost the plot with the booze and drugs. Her first few singles and album I thought were really very good and she had the voice to have been one of the all time greats.

No doubt the record company execs are seeing this as a win/win. No more cancelled gigs and shoddy performances, no need for 24 hour chaperones to keep her in line and they get to re-release all her stuff in a dozen different formats and mixes without having to pay her for it.

Moving on.

So in the absence of any concrete information form the police. What do we think the cause of death will be?

My money is on "choked on her own vomit" in the best rock and roll tradition.
                    This looks like it has an air of truth....

Amy Winehouse Dead After 'Massive Bender': The Tragic Singer's Final Days - International Business Times

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
                      Exactly .....

She sounded like a strangled floor crawling bar skank, her music was terrible with the only ocassional catchy semi-hit badly performed. She even got booed off in her last comeback gig and everyone demanded a refund.

She never had any talent at all. The only reason she was famous because she was a skank, so she fitted right in the UK.

Glad she's gone.
                      I disagree with each and every word of this disgusting post. Particularily the last line.

I bet you cheered when you found out the brazilian guy murdered by the cops in the tube was here illegally.

****** is too nice a word for what you are.
                      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
                      X