• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Amy Winehouse dead...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Sure it's an addiction for many, but they don't all behave like Amy Winehouse. Crikey, how long have Ronnie Wood and Keith Richard been on drugs, and how often have they been booed off stage?
    It is walking a tightrope - some can do it, some fail.

It is a lot of fun when you are on the rope though.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
      I just came over all Buzzcocks!

I think you've got the first line of a great song there!
      GF came in at about 12 when I was in heavy Zzzzzz land and said she was dead, so I woke up this morning and asked "did I have a dream or did you say?"

I could do "I'm dead" by Randy Newman as a b side.

B sides, that is an entry into the "getting old" thread

Comment

Alex Higgins, Oliver Reed and George Best are happy they just found out heavens getting a winehouse.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Re drugs reasons, as I keep saying, if there are no affordable solutions, forget the reasons, judge people on results. Only thing that matters.

At least she seems to have contributed a lot in her lifetime as her music seems to have made a lot of people happy. More than most do.

t found out heavens getting a winehouse
          Did you find that or just make it up? Genus if latter.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            At least she seems to have contributed a lot in her lifetime as her music seems to have made a lot of people happy. More than most do.
            I think the only thing that bothers people is that she had the potential to do a lot more of that if she had hung around a bit longer, but that has been wasted.

Comment

I think there is an art to playing instruments 'oot yer nut' and can be done. It is harder when you are the person they are paying to see with a backing band nobody cares about.

The Stones got away with it for years as Mick was fairly sober.

James Jamerson famously had to play most of his bass parts for many motown hits on his back as he was so drunk.

Comment

Her music was ok but she wasn't John Lennon. I really not sure she deserves front page on the BBC news website along with those 100 Norwegians which is a real tragedy.

Comment

She only had 1 top 10 single (Rehab) - 2 if you count "Valerie" - but personally I preferred the original (Zuton's) version - in part because the lyrics made no sense being sung by a woman (unless she's a lesbian of course - although given her lifestyle overall, that probably wouldn't have been too much of a stretch).

Comment

This is not really news to me. Any other druggy who died on the street would be the same to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                      Her music was ok but she wasn't John Lennon. I really not sure she deserves front page on the BBC news website along with those 100 Norwegians which is a real tragedy.
                      There's also an hour long special on 6 music

I always wondered what all the fuss was about with her, she had a good voice, but it's not as if she churned out loads of brilliant albums. She was better known for being papped and her destructive lifestyle.
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X