• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jealous. Should I be?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    I'm always amazed how much people care about job titles. Couldn't give a flying duck what I'm called.
    Think I'm having a bad day. Don't even have the energy to insult Test Mangler.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Think I'm having a bad day. Don't even have the energy to insult Test Mangler.

Ahhh.......go on go on go on
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Now I'd given up a senior role earlier last year in charge of a team of 20, and even though I was on a six figure salary was still only titled as a senior manager. The offer to move to the US came up and fast track(2 years) into a directors role. For personal reasons I turned it down and went back contracting to which I regret. They know I've been looking for a more senior role elsewhere.
        This reminds me. Did we ever get the "Chinny reck-on" smiley?
        Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

WTF. He's a nice fella, and yes I'm bedwetting and jealous. Do I have a right to be?
          Pull yourself together; as DP says you're a bog standard contractor, not some high flying big achiever.

Who cares what the perms call themselves?
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
            Pull yourself together; as DP says you're a bog standard contractor, not some high flying big achiever.

Who cares what the perms call themselves?
            I like Muggles.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I'm always amazed how much people care about job titles. Couldn't give a flying duck what I'm called.
              WHS Pay me enough and you can put git faced tosser on my business cards (except they're mine anyway) daft beyond belief

Comment

You are getting more cash, less responsibility and no whiney unmanageable direct reports and you are moaning?

With the difference you earn in the next hour get yourself a fine bone china mug made up with Gold lettering saying.

'I Drink Tea and write reports - I still earn more money than you'

On the other side you have a choice

' My Other Girlfriend is Beyonce'
                ' I own a Pile in Swindon'
                'Tape changing Pays'

Words of wisdom from a reshuffled permie - same amount of cash a tenth of the responsibility!
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I've just clocked his LinkedIn and lo and behold he's promoted to BI Director?!?!? He's only been in his first management role for 9 months!!!
                  He's just better at it than you.
                  I've been attending a number of client pitches / presenting them etc, at the same time having to project manager and deliver the other projects using other contractors and shared resource.
                  ...especially at delegating

hth
                  tl

Comment

WHS, it's the money that counts.
                    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

I know where you are coming from. It is quite nice to be at a level that allows you to influence things a bit more. I was running 2 teams totalling 54 staff a couple of years ago and being asked to contribute at a high level in a smaller co. Quite hard to settle back into the current grunt work at large clientco. It was contract too so can't even console myself with money - that one paid 30% more !!!

Comment

Working...
                      X