• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The naming of SY06

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    That gave me my name - how strange is that!

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      SY02 is driving me nuts with baby names books. I have read two from cover to cover and cannot find anything I like, or isn't taken already by someone we know or their respective offspring.

Q SY02 rattling baby names off like machine gun fire round the clock.

Can the panel come up with something that is not common-ore-garden, is pretty, and is not completely off the wall?

Ta
      OMG you're asking a bunch of geeks to name your baby, how could you go through life knowing MF or EO had more input than you?

People pick from a much larger pool these days, something in the top 20 may not be anywhere near as common as you might think.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        OMG you're asking a bunch of geeks to name your baby, how could you go through life knowing MF or EO had more input than you?

People pick from a much larger pool these days, something in the top 20 may not be anywhere near as common as you might think.
        I thought he's handled that news quite well.

Comment

Frogmella

Comment

Pondlife

Easy to spell.
            Has a hint of nature to it
            Easy to shorten

What's not to like?

Comment

Our 2nd is due in November and we are similarly stuck.

We have about 3 possibles at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                Consider a name that sounds a bit retro and Victorian today, such as Horace or Albert for a son, or Violet or Ethel for a girl.

That way in forty years, when nursing homes are full of Sharons and Traceys, your offspring's name might sound hip and post modern.
                I was in a church last year. Some poor baby boy was being christened "Arthur Albert George".

In my area all the little girls under 3 seem to be named after flowers or called "Olivia".

I expect quite a few Katherine's soon even though I know quite a few Catherine's and Katie's who are in their late 20s and 30s.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                  I thought he's handled that news quite well.

Kayleigh it is then for SY06.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Kayleigh it is then for SY06.
                    Its (not) too late to say you're sorry.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

How about a nice pretty IT name like

BigInt
                      Variable

'Come in now Class Module, it's time to get ready for your dance class'

maybe not

(\__/)
                      (>'.'<)
                      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                      X