• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Damn you Top Gear

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Top Gear last night - aaaarrrrrggghhh! Not only is Sebastian Vettel a f***ing great driver, but he appears to have a good sense of humour as well.

and what's wrong with that?
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
      Talking of Mad Max, the car always wins.
      (Snipped video out)

Apparently the guy that got punted into the barbed wire fence needed 30 stitches but waited until he'd finished the stage before getting them. Ballsy to even get back on the bike when the crew cars are on a rampage.
      A I alone in thinking that looked deliberate? Or was the guy just sending a text/checking facebook/tweeting like probably 20% of drivers I see?

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
        A I alone in thinking that looked deliberate? Or was the guy just sending a text/checking facebook/tweeting like probably 20% of drivers I see?
        Nah it's the Suitys on their way to the south of France, SY01 just realised he should be driving on the right.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
          From the reports it was an independant media car that shouldnt have been where it was to begin with and should never have tried to overtake the riders.

Only specified vehicle are allowed to get in front of the leaders, generally bikes, and there are very strict rules on when there are and arn't allowed to overtake them.

Looking at the video he simply cut back in too early after the overtaking manouver.

There was more carnage further back as well. Multiple pile up at the 102k mark with one guy ending up in the trees at the side of the road with a suspected broken femur. Remember, these guys can be doing 30-40 mph within inches of each other. All it takes is one rider to make a mistake and it all goes wrong very very fast.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            From the reports it was an independant media car that shouldnt have been where it was to begin with and should never have tried to overtake the riders.

Only specified vehicle are allowed to get in front of the leaders, generally bikes, and there are very strict rules on when there are and arn't allowed to overtake them.

Looking at the video he simply cut back in too early after the overtaking manouver.

There was more carnage further back as well. Multiple pile up at the 102k mark with one guy ending up in the trees at the side of the road with a suspected broken femur. Remember, these guys can be doing 30-40 mph within inches of each other. All it takes is one rider to make a mistake and it all goes wrong very very fast.
            That car has now been taken off the road. I suppose it was a matter of time before a car hit someone..a motorcycle already hit a rider on the third stage I think. There have been a lot of crashes this year with Wiggens out with a broken collar bone and Vinokourav out with a broken femur and possibly the end of his career.

And Cavendish didn't win today.
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
            X