• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Damn you Top Gear

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clarkson is at it again!

menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1426278_jeremy-clarkson-id-rather-quit-top-gear-than-join-bbc-move-to-small-suburb-salford
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Top Gear last night - aaaarrrrrggghhh! Not only is Sebastian Vettel a f***ing great driver, but he appears to have a good sense of humour as well.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
        The prices may rise off the back of that Top Gear piece but they will probably revert to previous levels fairly quickly when people realise how much it costs to run one of these beasts.
        I have sorted out your tautology by removing the redundant "back" above
        HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
          I have sorted out your tautology by removing the redundant "back" above
          HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
            Top Gear last night - aaaarrrrrggghhh! Not only is Sebastian Vettel a f***ing great driver, but he appears to have a good sense of humour as well.
            But I thought he was German?

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1426278_jeremy-clarkson-id-rather-quit-top-gear-than-join-bbc-move-to-small-suburb-salford

Don't know what he's complaining about:

The new north-south divide: Two families 300 miles apart earn 50k but one struggles and the other lives in luxury | Mail Online

Edit: Having read the article I'm not suprised the southerners are struggling if they have to pay 600k for a tiny 3 bed house! Madness. You could buy your own postcode area up north for that. If you don't mind having metal doors and window shutters.
              Last edited by PAH; 11 July 2011, 16:57.
              Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
              Feist - I Feel It All
              Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                But I thought he was German?
                Indeed he is - there's my problem

I've got a couple of German friends who enjoy a good laugh (no, really ) but a fun-loving German in the dour, self-obsessed world of F1 is just too confusing.
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Mason Boyne View Post
                  They're saving them for "the day" - think "Mad Max" coz it's gonna happen!

Talking of Mad Max, the car always wins.

Apparently the guy that got punted into the barbed wire fence needed 30 stitches but waited until he'd finished the stage before getting them. Ballsy to even get back on the bike when the crew cars are on a rampage.
                  Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                  Feist - I Feel It All
                  Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                    Don't know what he's complaining about:

The new north-south divide: Two families 300 miles apart earn 50k but one struggles and the other lives in luxury | Mail Online

Edit: Having read the article I'm not suprised the southerners are struggling if they have to pay 600k for a tiny 3 bed house! Madness. You could buy your own postcode area up north for that. If you don't mind having metal doors and window shutters.
                    For the love of God SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
                    I don't want them whining southern t**ts moving up here

EDIT: for the benefit of the southerns, it's all still whippets and flat caps up here, and it's impossible to find a decent deli. Infact, I don't even know what a deli is!
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                      Talking of Mad Max, the car always wins.

Apparently the guy that got punted into the barbed wire fence needed 30 stitches but waited until he'd finished the stage before getting them. Ballsy to even get back on the bike when the crew cars are on a rampage.
                      I was watching that live and it took me a minute or two to realise what the hell happened. The two riders finished a few minutes behind the peleton and recieved a special award for their efforts. well deserved I think.
                      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
                      X